|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Johannesburg|
|Salary||R30 000 - R35 000|
|Education||BS/BA or higher in Computer Science or related field|
|Experience||3 - 5 years’ experience|
A leading company in the IT industry, based in Johannesburg, is currently looking for a UX Specialist to join their team.
If coding world-class web and mobile products is something you eat, sleep, and dream – then you’ll be in good company.
Some of your daily duties will include:
• Communicate with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions
• Working as part of a team and seek to support the goals
• Keep the interface attractive and easy to use.
• Direct the visual appearance of all new features and enhancements on our software application
• Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI re-factorings for a more intuitive user-experience
• Design solutions to complex workflows.
• Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions
• Act as “go to” with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards.
• Use research-related services, theories and methods to support your recommendations
• Develop wireframes, behavioral specifications and personas
• Overall responsibility for understanding a customer's brief and converting that into attractive, highly usable interfaces.
• Engage with the business development team and/or customer to seek a deeper appreciation of the customers’ business problem/goals.
• Develop understanding of the end users of the website/application through secondary and primary research
• Capable of generating user personas and user scenarios.
• Prepare low fidelity prototypes of sites/features (from paper-and-pencil concepts to wireframes or interactive prototypes) for internal review and brain storming.
• Gauging technical feasibility of the prototype.
• Present high fidelity designs/mock-ups to the customer for review/iteration/approval.
• Capable of working directly with customers in an iterative/agile manner to improve the prototypes in a short time
• Explain design philosophy verbally and in writing
• 3 - 5 years’ experience
• BS/BA or higher in Computer Science or related field
• A solid design background with an eye for visual and interaction details
• Experience designing web apps
• Knowledge of HTML & CSS
• Understanding of basic SEO
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to Jenna on firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Jenna on 031 350 4405.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential”
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za