|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Johannesburg|
|Salary||R35000 – R30000 per month|
|Education||BS/BA or higher in Computer Science or related field|
|Experience||3 - 5 years’ experience|
A leading company in the IT industry, based in Johannesburg, is currently looking for a UX Specialist to join their team.
If coding world-class web and mobile products is something you eat, sleep, and dream – then you’ll be in good company.
Some of your daily duties will include:
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions with project management
• Working effectively as part of a team and seeks to support the teams goals
• Keep the interface beautiful and easy to use. Direct the visual appearance of all new features and enhancements on our software application
• Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI re-factorings for a more intuitive user-experience
• Design elegant solutions to complex workflows.
• Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective
• Act as “go to” with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards. Use research-related services, theories and methods to support your recommendations
• Develop wireframes, behavioral specifications and personas
• Overall responsibility for understanding a customer's brief and converting that into appealing, highly usable interfaces.
• Engages with the business development team and/or customer early on to seek a deeper appreciation of the customers’ business problem/goals.
• Develops understanding of the end users of the website/application through secondary and primary research (user interviews, traffic data).
• Capable of generating user personas and user scenarios.
• Prepares low fidelity prototypes of sites/features (ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to wireframes or interactive prototypes) for internal review and brain storming.
• Capable of gauging technical feasibility of the prototype.
• Presents high fidelity designs/mock-ups to the customer for review/iteration/approval.
• Capable of working directly with customers in an iterative/agile manner to dramatically improve the prototypes in a short time
• Able to explain his/her design philosophy verbally and in writing
• 3 - 5 years’ experience
• BS/BA or higher in Computer Science or related field
• A solid design background with an eye for visual and interaction details
• Experience designing web apps
• Knowledge of HTML & CSS
• Understanding of basic SEO
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to Jenna on email@example.com or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Jenna on 031 350 4405.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential”
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za