|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in SA. Johannesburg|
|Education||Related Degree or Diploma|
|Experience||3- 5 years experience|
Awesome opportunity available for a UX Specialist with a great specialized services company that support their clients in delivering services to their customers more efficiently and effectively.
• 3 - 5 years experience
• BS/BA or higher in Computer Science or related field (not required but advantageous)
• A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details
• Experience designing web apps
• Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
• Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
• Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS
• Understanding of basic SEO
• Excellent communication skills – you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Be capable of translating functional specifications into workable project deliverables
• Work well under pressure and motivate others on the team
• Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond required training
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions with project management
• Broadening own technical, functional, and industry skill base
• Working effectively as part of a team and seeks to support the teams goals
• Keep the interface beautiful and easy to use. Direct the visual appearance of all new features and enhancements on our software application
• Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI re-factorings for a more intuitive user-experience
• Design elegant solutions to complex workflows. Design things that people will talk about
• Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective
• Act as “go to” with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards. Use research-related services, theories and methods to support your recommendations
• Take the initiative in providing input and feedback in both departmental discussions and on issues relating to other departments
• Develop wireframes, behavioral specifications and personas
• Overall responsibility for understanding a customer's brief and converting that into appealing, highly usable interfaces.
• Engages with the business development team and/or customer early on to seek a deeper appreciation of the customers’ business problem/goals.
• Develops understanding of the end users of the website/application through secondary and primary research (user interviews, traffic data).
• Capable of generating user personas and user scenarios.
• Prepares low fidelity prototypes of sites/features (ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to wireframes or interactive prototypes) for internal review and brain storming.
• Capable of gauging technical feasibility of the prototype.
• Presents high fidelity designs/mock-ups to the customer for review/iteration/approval.
• Capable of working directly with customers in an iterative/agile manner to dramatically improve the prototypes in a short time
• Able to explain his/her design philosophy verbally and in writing
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Sharne on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za