Transport Infrastructure Engineer
|Salary||R650k – R450k p/a|
|Education||BEng/BSc/BTech in Civil Engineering|
Our client, who is based in Pretoria, is looking for the right Qualified Transport Infrastructure Engineer to join their team.
Position: Transport Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Salary: R650k – R450k p/a
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
• B Eng./BSc Engineering or B Tech degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a rail or roads specific role
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Business Unit Manager – Rail, Depots and Stations with generating opportunities and securing design/engineering projects.
• Leading technical proposals and bids in response to public tenders and business opportunities or client solutions.
• Liaising with prospective client and doing business development to secure project pipeline for the business unit.
• Lead the design team on the delivery of engineering project and establish depth in the design capability and engineering philosophy for the business unit.
• Ensure engineering designs and applications comply with all statutory, regulatory requirements whilst ensuring environmental and business sustainability.
• Identify and plan work efforts, assign responsibilities, establish goals and monitor the progress of the engineering and design efforts.
• Interface with project leadership regarding the specification of design deliverables (e.g. drawings, specifications, design-criteria, technical reports, and technical adjudication of contracts) and the concomitant estimation of man-hours.
• Prepare engineering technical documentation and drawings and arranging squad-checks for in-depth review. Recommend and implement corrective strategies where needed to best meet client objectives.
• Compile engineering cost estimates for input into projects
• Review and monitor and report to the project manager on the engineering progress.
• Ability to plan and manage project and proposal programmes and budgets
• Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills: able to establish good relationships with other team members and with other disciplines and peers
• Drive to enhance the business performance and take initiatives as appropriate
• Strong rail/road design capability (alignment design, geometry, materials)
• Ability to identify and manage client requirements
• Good knowledge of South African Railway and Road Standards and or particularly track design related standards.
• Understanding constructability issues associated with railway design and construction
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD and MicroStation
• Ability to think outside the box, value engineer, and draw on international best practice to improve design solutions
• Good technical understanding of all other (non-track) railway disciplines and interfaces
Should you meet the above requirements, please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kyra on 021 551 8638.
Alternatively, please visit our website www.hireresolve.co.za Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za