|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in SA. Johannesburg|
|Education||Degree or Diploma|
Test Manager Position is available with an international company. The client is looking for someone who is Energetic and a good Problem Solver.
• Will be responsible for a team of experienced Testers ranging from test consultants, test seniors and test specialists for System Integration Testing, aligned with improving test quality and automation
• Assist and guide with the preparation of test plans, test cases, entry and exit criteria and the testing of end to end software, providing test results to company guidelines and standards.
• Manage all the activities for the System Integration Testing
• Manage and provide overall leadership and communication to the SIT team of testers
• Manage and maintain the strategy for SIT (System Integration Testing) and follow the Best Practice defined procedures and processes
• Manage and provide input to the Project Quality Plan; reviews and approves the SIT Plan to ensure it meets the defined standards and outputs
• Manages and maintains a positive relationship with the client and manages expectations with respect to test deliverables and schedules
• Acts as an trusted/expert advisor and resource and provides leadership in all test aspects across the geographical areas, including opportunities to improve the quality, automation and efficiencies of the testing effort across teams
• Provides consultation to clients on test approach, plans and methodology
• Provides timely consultation to Test Leads, Project Managers on test estimations, testing strategy, test creation, execution and results around System Integration Testing
• Ensures test entry/exit criteria are identified, agreed and fulfilled for System Integration Testing and within project and test targets
• Work with the Best Practice team to instigate and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
• Takes on supervisory responsibility and provides input on team performance.
• Requires significant independent judgment to determine the most effective course of action at any given stage of the System Integration Testing
• Provide reporting on test status, defects, risks and metrics definition for System Integration Testing
• Ensure the necessary tools are available and provided for the testing team
• Ensure the appropriate planning and management of the test resources for the System Integration Testing team are executed
Desired Skills & Experience
• Advanced level of ISTQB
• Advanced knowledge of procedures in QA, automation and end to end Software Testing.
• Preferably 10 years testing experience, with five years in test leadership experience in large implementation/software development projects.
• Quick to adapt to project requirements, trace-ability, and test/verification and validation
• Proven track record of leading test strategy and approach, with in-depth understanding of test processes and methodologies.
• Exposure to working in or with Agile teams
• Capable of high level test design and risk recommendation and management
• Test case to problem report mapping to prioritize best track for test execution and efficiency
• Experience in a distributive software environment and application testing with a multifaceted team
• Proven track record for KPI, Metrics definition and management reporting
• Highly developed leadership skills with ability to lead medium to large groups across geographical areas
• Experience in a consulting environment, with significant client contact.
• Expert level of analytical problem solving skills to identify and diagnose problems beyond current boundaries.
• Sophisticated communication skills to influence and gain cooperation with team members and customers.
• Telecommunications industry experience preferred.
• Preferable hands on experience in RTM (Rational Test Manager) RQM, UNIX, Linux, SQL (Oracle)
• Quick to learn new product requirements, test acronyms, metrics and methodologies
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: email@example.com or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Justine on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za