|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Johannesburg|
|Salary||R10k - R20k|
|Education||Relevant IT Diploma or Certification|
Purpose of the Position (as per OE directory):
• Design, develop, implement and support technological solutions to meet business requirements in accordance with specification.
Key Performance Areas (as per OE directory):
• Develop, enhance and maintain applications for the internal and external clients base on specifications received.
• Design components and applications in accordance with specified architectural design.
• Perform relevant developer testing.
• Complete and maintain relevant documentation.
• Write code or parameters to provide software components according to technical specifications.
• Obtain business requirement for an IT solution and provide an analysis for the requirements.
• Research appropriate solutions to the requirements and provide recommendations.
• Obtain the agreement of the solutions from business.
• Define scope, work tasks and duration of IT solution based on business requirements.
• Design and write test cases for developer testing and document the system specifications.
• Program in the applicable programming language, write code and document these.
• Conduct necessary testing (Stress, Integration and Unit)
• Create the release by building the application, documenting it and setting up the configuration.
• Handover for quality assurance.
• Handover to the developer team for peer review.
• Amend any defects within the solution.
• Migrate applications into applicable environments.
• Conduct implementation checks.
• Conduct post implementation monitoring.
Competencies Required (as per OE directory):
• Communicating with Impact-Communication is subject to receiving and understanding detailed and straight forward work directions and composing basic, short verbal messages that are grammatically sound and are easily understood by others.
• Occasional reduction in breadth and appropriateness of vocabulary throughout the more complex communication. Displays consistency between verbal and non-verbal cues
• Enables Team Success-Accepts and completes team assignments. Supports team decisions. Exhibits flexibility and openness to others point of view
• Teamwork and Cooperation- Consistently works with others to accomplish goals and tasks. Treats all team members with a respectful, courteous, and professional manner; supports team despite different points of view or setbacks. Regularly initiates communication to help solve interpersonal/tea, conflicts and problems. Provides balanced feedback to improve team collaboration and functioning on a continuous basis
• Results Orientation-Sets goals and works to meet established expectations; maintains performance levels. Pursues organizational objectives with energy and persistence. Sets high personal standards for performance. Adapts working methods in order to achieve objectives. Accepts ownership of and responsibility for own work.
• Accountability-Approaches own work with dedication and sense of responsibility; Admits to errors and takes corrective action to avoid repetition together with the advice and support from others;
• Service Management Processes-Understands concepts, techniques and practices of help desk operations and service delivery; Understands service management processes and concepts (e.g., incident management, change management, release management)
• IT Development-Supervises, co-ordinates, participates and is accountable for the work of a team of developers, effectively using resources during the project lifecycle; Allocates pieces of work to developers, taking into account individual abilities and requirements
• Decision-making and problem solving- Recognizes systems that indicate more significant problems; Anticipates obstacles, considers the impact/consequence of decisions; puts a problem in context, recognises risks; understands situational variables. Reconciles the conflicts between short term requirements and long term objectives.
• Integrate patterns between systems-Basic understanding of various design patterns and applicability to current software and system applications; Knowledge of various design catalogues such as GoF, POSA; Basic understanding of the classifications of various pattern designs
• Design patterns-Basic understanding of various design patterns and applicability to current software and system applications Knowledge of various design catalogues such as GoF, POSABasic understanding of the classifications of various pattern designs
• Testing-Demonstrates awareness of testing principles and processes; Understands testing terminology; Responsible for testing within a project; Delivers testing to time, quality and cost; Adheres to policies and procedures for testing set by Organization; Understands standards for testing; Understands testing methodologies and principles.
• Read Code-In depth understanding and application of the code naming and code language applicable to the particular product or service specification; Identify and correct deviations from the code base specifications; Respond to client requests related to the existing code base, gathers further information and resolves or channels to appropriate technical specialist
• Write Code-Is accountable for the own work, effectively using resources during the project lifecycle; Has technical responsibility for work performed and decisions taken; Follows development standards set by organization; Responsible for design, coding, unit testing and documentation of small to medium projects; Works on solving incoherencies in the detailed technical specifications and asks for, or processes changes
• Design Software-Demonstrates a basic level of understanding of software specifications or design techniques; Demonstrates a basic understanding of programming concepts; Demonstrates a general familiarity with one or more programming languages and/or methodologies
• Awareness of the Software Development Life Cycle-Basic understanding of how the other life cycle stages (requirements, design, testing, and maintenance) impact coding and vice-versa; Basic understanding of understanding of the types of methodologies (e.g. Agile or Waterfall) that can be used to progress through this cycle
• Use of Libraries and Frameworks-Understand and apply formatting as specified in the task specifications; Understand and apply the code naming as prescribed; Understand the code language applied within the organization linked to the product or service concerned; Knowledge and understanding of various code libraries
• Debugging-Understands the importance of testing, documentation and production assurance; Have a basic understanding of the types of errors namely syntax execution and logic errors
• Use of Integrated Development Environments-Demonstrates awareness of the platform principles and procedures; Knowledge of the concept of IDE and its related concepts; Understands the role of IDE as a single program where all development is done; Demonstrates awareness of the standards for the platform
• Use of Version Control-Familiar with the vendors core solutions (e.g. technologies, main hardware choices, operating system types)Understands the inter-relationship of software, hardware and communications; Can describe different types of application delivery platforms, technologies and toolkits; Can identify major activities associated with application deployment; Aware of platform or technology specific standards, policies and practices
• Automated Unit Testing- Basic knowledge of automated tests in terms of purpose, specifications and application
Qualifications & Experience (as per OE directory):
• Relevant IT Diploma or Certification
• 3 – 5 years experience within similar role
• Key performance
• Ensure agreed upon client expectations for delivery and support are met.
• Identify financial and business risks to the company and escalate accordingly.
• Good relationships with team members as indicated by a willingness to assist colleagues.
• Engage with appropriate training interventions to promote own professional development.
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 600 7977. You can also contact Cheyenne or Sam on 011 807 8064. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za