|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg West|
A leading telecommunications company based in Johannesburg is looking for a Solutions Architect.
The role and responsibility of the "Solutions Architect" requires the knowledge and skills that are both broad and deep. To be effective the Solutions Architect must have experience on multiple Hardware and Software Environments and be comfortable with complex heterogeneous systems environments. The Solutions Architect is often a highly seasoned senior who has led multiple projects through the Software development process or Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and has usually performed in a variety of different roles in that life cycle. The person needs an ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources in clear concise language that is the parlance of each group.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for the development of the overall vision that underlies the projected solution and transforms that vision through execution into the solution. The Solutions Architect becomes involved with a project at the time of inception and in developing the initial requirements. They then remain involved throughout the balance of the project. They are an expert in many categories. They should have hands-on experience in multiple industries and across several disciplines. They can master a variety of hardware platforms including distributed platforms, desktops, and mobile devices. Akin to that they should also possess skill and understanding of a variety of Operating Systems. A broad and deep understanding of Databases is also required. They work very closely with developers to ensure proper implementation. They are the link between the needs of the organization and the developers, often acting as the bridge between Enterprise Architects and Application Architects.
• Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering (Telecommunications) or Business (with major in Computing)
• Minimum 10 years software development and application implementation experience
• Act as visionary and strategist for solution from end to end
• Expertise in identifying and translating system requirements into software design documentation
• Highly developed skills in providing end to end solution and design details
• Senior design experience in database applications
• Experience in implementing technologically complex Projects
• Good interpersonal skills in terms of both oral and written communication and presentation with prospects and the customer
• Ability to identify and highlight technical risks
• Strong design skills with ability to document the designs
• Highly developed analytical problem-solving skills to identify and diagnose complex problems that require complex methods or theories
• Highly developed communication skills to influence and gain cooperation amongst team members
• Experience on multiple Hardware and Software Environments and be comfortable with complex heterogeneous systems environments
• Some experience with working with Agile teams
• Telecommunications industry experience and related product knowledge would be an advantage
• Project Management experience/skills an advantage
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to Megan on firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Megan on 031 350 4405.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential”
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za