|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Johannesburg|
|Salary||R38k – R25k|
|Education||B Sc Computer Science or related IT qualifications|
• Lead a small team of System Analysts and Testers to design and architect solutions and ensure the development team understands the system and solution requirements
• QA completed solutions and propose system enhancements
• Design complex systems at the component level, i.e. rules and billing engine
• Ensure alignment to the technical strategy, and possible integration to other systems and ensure optimal systems performance
• Produce architectural documentation
• Make strategic technological choices
• Provide sound recommendations and advice
• Influence, guide and act as mentor
• Lead and foster development of high performing technical teams
• Influence, identify, and recruit technical leaders
• Collaborate with peer architects to solve complex problems
• To support the EA on all architectural, design, research and troubleshooting issues - on enterprise as well as per project level.
• Standards creation, QA (on design, implementation and processes) related work, research, troubleshoot issues which proved to be challenging to resolve for the area etc.
• Guides and review source code development process with regards to alignment to the technical design
• Monitors the systems performance and proactively finds ways to enhance efficiency and ensure stability.
• Conduct reviews and contribute to the development of the Standards
• Align solutions to architecture, principles, directives and standards
• Analyse the environment to identify gaps and opportunities
• Interface with stakeholders, and suppliers to ensure technology alignment
• Keep abreast of industry changes, market trends for possible technology opportunities
The applicant should meet these requirements:
• B Sc Computer Science or related IT qualifications
• 10+ years leadership, development and design experience in the software development space
• Design, develop and support knowledge and experience in these will be highly beneficial:
• Java technologies (EJB, JSPP etc.)
• IBM WebSphere Portal and Process Server
• Business Intelligence Systems
• QA Systems
• Internet based development, backend development as well as integration work.
• Significant exposure to enterprise architecture frameworks and best practices.
• Knowledge of enterprise internet/web architecture, solutions and best practices
• Experience in architecture methodology and techniques such as TOGAF and Zachman
• Object orientated software development theories and principles
• Experience in the use of modelling techniques
• Varying levels of abstraction within business and product strategy
• Technical design (micro/macro) and implementation
• In-depth knowledge of the IBM software stack
• Experience in producing Solution Architectures and overseeing their implementation
• Practical experience in applying architecture in a project environment
• Extensive experience in relevant architecture areas
• Experience in technology strategies
• Experience in multiple, diverse technical infrastructures, technologies, and processing environments
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and principles
• Experience in application of technology for business enablement or improvement
• Experience in publishing architectural artefacts
• Experience in evaluating solutions and making recommendations
• Experience with various SDLC such as waterfall, agile etc.
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: email@example.com or fax to: 086 600 7977. You can also contact Cheyenne or Sam on 011 807 8064. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za