|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Johannesburg|
|Salary||R300k – R180k|
We’re searching for an exceptional candidate with very rare skills… we need someone who is an expert in the below technologies… someone who thinks outside the box.
As part of our team, you’ll work on exceptional projects (some with community focus) for our global clients, as well as contributing to our own open source product development. You’ll be kept really busy implementing core product functionality and deploying world-class architectures, but you’ll still need to find time to share ideas across the team, as well as in the greater open source community.
You should be fanatical about clean, concise, readable code.
Aside from the basic requirements, what will set you apart from other candidates is your experience in building open source software used by a larger community, your ability to create practical, scalable, reusable solutions, and your skills in supporting and working with the community.
We want you to bring fresh ideas and skills and teach us something new!
• 5 years Python experience
• Rock solid Django experience
• Good communication and documentation skills essential.
• Experience with highly scalable architecture including server farms and cloud / elastic computing
• Java and/or Ruby on Rails a bonus
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Familiarity with a Linux development environment - bonus points for Ubuntu
• Experience with optimizing performance of a web application deployment including clustering, caching, database clustering/replication, proxies, high availability
• System administration experience with change management and deployment in an SLA-driven environment
• Proficiency with Git and other revision control systems
• Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL and other databases
• Degree essential
• Further bonus points for experience with SOA, Enterprise class messaging systems (AMQP/RabbitMQ) and AWS/EC2 public or private cloud deployments
Suitable candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: email@example.com or fax to: 086 600 7977. You can also contact Cheyenne / Sam on 011 807 8064. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates.
Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za