Service Manager: Networks
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in SA. Cape Town|
A leading financial serices company based in Cape Town is looking for a Service Manager.
– Group-wide Data/Voice/Video network
– Management of the service contracts with IT supply organisations from a technical perspective
– Management of the operational activities of the Group-wide Data/Voice/Video network, including design, installation, configuration, maintenance, and security.
– Management of external IT suppliers’ adherence to the SLAs and service contracts; service measurement and management
– Analyses network functions and evaluates the services provided; develops plan of action and recommendations; identifies milestones and issues to be addressed, and generates reports as required.
– Evaluate supplier solutions and their appropriate business fit
– Service annexure development and reviews
– Engage with clients for IT infrastructure implementations
– Evaluate and process requests for IT infrastructure services (new and changes) within the agreed SLAs, governance and budget
– Propose infrastructure solutions and platforms in response to service requests in accordance with architecture standards and governance
– Assist with infrastructure trouble shooting and incident and problem management and ensure compliance with root-cause analysis polices.
– Provide inputs to IT Continuity specialist on DR facilities and contracts
– Establish and manage OLAs in support of business service expectations
– Technology support process improvements
– Provide structured and regular feedback, incl.
• Management reports
• Usage trend analysis and forecasts
• Reporting on service requests and their statuses
– Take pro-active corrective actions from the above reports
– Operational risk management
– Budget management , maintenance of telecoms cost model and fielding of billing queries
– Containment of infrastructure costs and tracking of infrastructure benefits realisation
– Capacity, availability and performance management, incl. the analysis, forecasting and management of business demands for infrastructure
– Recommend configuration changes and opportunities to improve capacity utilisation and performance
– Establish courses of action to resolve performance/capacity problems and undertake the management thereof
– Initiate and innovate appropriate solutions for infrastructure
Secondary: (backup and alignment with infrastructure engineers’ outputs)
– Evaluation, planning, implementation and optimisation of infrastructure
– Maintenance of technology roadmaps, baseline architectures and lifecycle management
– Plans, develops and designs network management and maintenance projects including policies and procedures, operational improvements and evaluates new technology integration.
– Development of policies and procedures for consistent infrastructure management, methodologies and standards
– Do/oversee technical implementation of infrastructure solutions
– IT degree or diploma, or a minimum of 8y relevant IT experience
– Network domains, technologies and protocols.
– Infrastructure service level management
– Infrastructure optimization
– Capacity monitoring and planning
– Service Annexure maintenance and contract negotiation
– Relationship management
– Construction of infrastructure and services business cases and benefits calculations
– Infrastructure Solution Design
– Translating IT concepts into business terms and vice versa
– Development of IT policies and procedures
– Trouble shooting
– Ability to constructively interact with technical and non-technical parties and vendors
– Facilitation of meetings and workshops
– Presentation and communication skills
– Vendor management
– Infrastructure lifecycle management and planning
– COBIT awareness
– Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches and tools
– Project participation
• Strong analytical & numerical ability
• Problem solving skills
• Good communication / interpersonal skills
• Action / results orientation
• Quality orientation
• Knowledge seeking / learning orientation
• MPLS WAN
• UTP Cabling
• Knowledge of the Network service providers’ technologies
• Wireless LAN
EE CANDIDATES ONLY!!!!
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to Megan on email@example.com or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Megan on 031 350 4405.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential”
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za