Senior Web Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg North|
Senior Web Developer Position has become available with a great company in the Johannesburg area. The client is looking for a self-motivated candidate who is a great communicator and who is well organised.
• Design, develop and test code written in PHP
• Design and implement relational database schema (MySQL)
• Monitor and profile application performance
• Monitor services and systems within our infrastructure
• Perform code reviews
• Deploy code to staging and production
• Maintaining existing projects
• Mentorship of junior developers
• B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical (and Computer) Engineering would be advantageous
• Five+ years in web development
• LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack and related web technologies
• Linux systems experience, SSH experience.
• Experience with PHP MVC frameworks
• Cross-Browser Compatibility
• Custom CMS/CRM/ERP integration and development
• Experience with web frameworks (Twitter Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
• Experience with architecting, developing, testing and maintaining PHP based web applications
• Experience with revision control systems
• Experience with an issue tracking/management system (specifically AtTask, Smartsheet)
• Experience with e-commerce based applications is beneficial
• Advanced understanding of theoretical programming fundamentals, including but not limited to algorithms, data structures, design patterns and OOP
• Advanced skills with (X) HTML, CSS, JS and related frameworks.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience with micro-controllers (Arduino, RasberryPi, etc.) advantageous.
• Understanding of UX and UJs
• Experience with MVC
• Database normalisation and data structures.
• Load/Penetration testing experience
• SEO Best Practices
Nice to have:
• Classic ASP/VB Script
• Windows Server 2008/2012 IIS
• E-commerce systems
• Digital marketing
• Native/Phonegap App development
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Justine on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za