Senior SAP Basis Technical Specialist
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Johannesburg|
|Salary||R600K – R504K|
|Education||Minimum Qualification: Tertiary IT or Business Qualification|
|Experience||7 years relevant working experience|
A senior role exists with this International Company for a Senior SAP Basis Technical Specialist. Technical knowledge in SAP, UNIX, LINUX, Windows and Oracle is essential.
Only South African Citizens will be considered.
• Provide all technical support required for a complex SAP system landscape, which includes Operating Systems, Databases, ERP and related systems, as well as separate instances for the Development, Quality Assurance and Production environments.
• Provide support 24 Hours/Day/7 Days/Week, including being on standby and reacting timeously to any problems reported with the operation of the SAP system
• Ensuring daily backups are taken of all systems and for having the capability to recover the system in a Disaster Recovery scenario
• Work with the project teams to provide a cost effective technical solution for the business requirements within the project timelines
• Responsible for system performance and capacity management
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining all Data Centre infrastructure, including air conditioning units, lighting, UPS, generator, warning sensors, batteries, alarm systems, fire extinguishers and flooring
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum Qualification: Tertiary IT or Business Qualification
• 7 years relevant working experience
• 5 years SAP experience
• Certification on SAP Basis
• Certification on Operating systems (UNIX, LINUX, Windows)
• Certification on Data Base Management Software (Preferably Oracle)
• Certification on Data Centre Operational Management-
• Backup and Disaster Recovery knowledge
• Strong technical and problem solving skills
• Good knowledge of best practices for a SAP Technical Landscape
• Good knowledge of SAP System landscape and interfaces
• Good knowledge of SAP transport system
• Ability to stay abreast of new SAP Landscape developments
• Good knowledge of functioning of all Data Centre infrastructure, including air conditioning units, lighting, UPS, generator, warning sensors, batteries, alarm systems, fire extinguishers and flooring
• Ability to liaise with suppliers and consultants to provide the best solution
• Ability to work under pressure, with availability 24/7
• Good team player, plus the ability to work alone and working after hours
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Nicola or Shamiso on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za