Senior Microsoft Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Durban|
|Salary||R50k - R35k|
A top client in Durban is looking for an experienced Microsoft Developer to join their renowned team.
• Technical analysis & design
• Analyse and design new\ existing system changes and evaluate business impact of change, enhancements and new designs;
• Analyse system change requests to provide work estimates;
• Ability to review supplied specifications, conceptualise the technical solutions to meet the requirements and map the relevant technical designs and documents for the required changes e.g. physical data flows, file layouts, routines and utilities, program specifications or prototypes;
• Translate the logical designs into physical designs and detailed programs designs, taking into account the agreed standards, the target environments infrastructure and architecture, performance requirements and external integrations;
• Liaise with the system development team or support consultants on the development of enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil the requirements;
• Support and development
• Creates logical and innovative solutions to complex requirements. Understanding of working as part of a project team;
• Create and amend programs in accordance with the design, agreed development standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered solution;
• Maintain detailed documentation and project files with respect to progress, problems, needed changes, etc., and provide regular reports on such to the Team\ Project leader and/or Systems;
• Review technical deliverables and manage quality in order to ensure that what has been built meets user expectation;
• Ensure ongoing technical and application support that will comply with the established level of service and support for existing systems to the line organisation users;
• Provide daily technical, functional and operation support for the existing software applications;
• Construct, interpret and execute system and program test plans to verify correct operation of completed systems;
• Plan, design and conduct test of program; correcting errors and re-test to achieve an error free result.
Education & Qualification
• BSc (Computer Science or Information Systems)/ B.Com (Information Systems)/A National Diploma in IT/and or equivalent qualification;
• Professional Qualifications Level 5;
• Microsoft Certified Systems Developer (MCSD) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) would be an advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years development experience;
• Must have 4-5 years’ experience using C#;
• Must have 4-5 years’ experience using WPF (using also MVVM);
• Must have 4-5 years’ experience using Microsoft SQL Server;
• Having 2-3 years’ experience in WCF will be an advantage;
• Azure, Windows Store App & Windows Phone development would be an advantage;
• Has acquired a broad understanding of IS concepts and practical, in particular those used within own organisation concerning the systems development life cycle;
• Advanced design and analysis skills (includes database design);
• Experience using SharePoint, Visual Studio or Telerik will be an advantage;
• Experience using MVC will be an advantage.
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: it.jobs [at] hireresolve.co.za (Attention: Debi) or fax to: 086 600 7977. You can also contact Debi on 011 807 8064. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za