Senior Life Underwriter
|Location||Insurance Jobs in Cape Town|
|Salary||R360 000 – R240 000 per annum|
|Education||BCOM, BSC or a three (3) year related diploma|
|Experience||3 - 5 years’ experience|
One of our clients, based in Cape Town, is currently looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Senior Life Underwriter to join their team. If you are dynamic, eloquent, goal oriented, financially/medically aligned with high energy, a positive attitude and passion, then this is the opportunity for you!
Some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
• May be mentor to less experienced administrators and underwriters.
• Personal Effectiveness
• Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
• Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality.
• Make increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
• Collaborate effectively with others to achieve personal results.
• Accept and live the company values.
• Risk Management
• Use specialist technical knowledge to assess risk for business and/or specific products.
• Determine, select and accept risk and/or liability on behalf of the organization.
• Evaluate proposals and medical evidence against business rules and practices.
• Exercise discretion in decision making within standardized practice.
• Matric with Biology, Mathematics or Accounting essential.
• 3 years Life Underwriting experience is essential.
• Understanding of anatomy & physiology at Grade 12 level is a must
• Completed degree, e.g. BCOM, BSC or a three (3) year related diploma would be an advantage.
• Well-developed written & verbal communication skills and telephone etiquette.
• Must have experience in the Financial Service Industry.
• PC proficiency in MS Office i.e. Word, Excel etc.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong planning, organizing and time-management skills.
• Ability to work under pressure whilst still maintaining a professional image.
• A lateral thinker.
• Well-developed problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Innovative and energetic.
• Strong team player.
• Must be willing to work shifts and overtime where necessary
Hire Resolve invites all suitable candidates to apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Jenna on 031 350 4405.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: finance.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za