Senior Java Developer/ Team Leader
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Johannesburg|
|Salary||R45k – R36k|
|Education||BSc/BEng or equivalent degree|
• Analysis and Design
• Production Deployment
• Operational support (Occasionally)
• Collaboration / Communication
Analysis and Design
• Input into Functional Design Document.
• Creation or input of/into Technical Design Document.
• Creation or input of/into process documentation e.g. SDLC
• Write code which meets the specified functional and non-functional requirements.
• Write and run unit tests which cover and test the above code.
• Build and deploy application to dev/QA/staging environments.
• Follow site/project standards.
• Provide input into refactoring processes where necessary and clean code as and when needed
• Fix pre-release defects (code in QA) where necessary.
• Participate in development forums as required.
• Participate in project/build post-mortems as required.
• Participate in methodology and process forums as required.
• Ensure review of SDLC deliverables.
• Prepare deployable unit.
• Support deployment of application to production environment as per build/resource schedule and site process (typically after hours and on-site).
• Provide post-production operational support which includes problem investigation and resolution as per the site/project support schedule and process.
• Assist management group with operational reporting as per the site/project support schedule and process.
Collaboration / Communication
• Assist team leads / PM with task definition and management.
• Participate in meetings as per operational requirements.
• Mentorship of colleagues.
• Induction of new employees.
• Travel to meetings etc at client sites as applicable to your role.
• Adequate/skilled and briefed stand-in as applicable to attend meetings/workshops etc arranged by you, in case you are sick/on leave etc.
• Reporting into STL/PM.
• BSc/BEng or equivalent degree
• Sun certifications an advantage, these include:
• Sun Certified Java Programmer
• Sun Certified Java Developer
• Sun Certified Business Components Developer
• Sun Certified Web Components Developer
Skills & Experience required:
• Excellent Java Fundamentals
• Design Patterns (GOF and J2EE Core)
• J2EE (Session Beans, Message Beans, JNDI)
• Web Services (Axis2, JWSDP (JAXP))
• JUnit or similar unit testing framework
• Struts & Tiles
• JSP's, Servlets, Tag Libraries
• Excellent understanding of OO Principles
• Database (design and dev) (preferably Oracle),
• XML (XSL, XSD beneficial) - Java XML API's (JDOM, SAX, JAXP, JAXB beneficial)
• ANT/Maven build scripts (and knowledge of the build / deployment process)
• Working knowledge of a CASE tool (e.g. rational rose / enterprise architect / visual paradigm)
• Enterprise Application Servers e.g. Weblogic / Websphere / Jboss / Geronimo
• Some Analysis experience - requirement refinement, use-case creation
• Solid Design experience - UML 1.1 or 2.0 a must
• Experience using a defect management system such as JIRA, BugZilla
• Solid experience using a version control system such as SVN, ClearCase, CVS, VSS
• TopLink / iBatis
• JAXB / Apache XMLBeans / Castor
• Other Java Web frameworks such as Wicket, Tapestry, JSF, Spring MVC
• SOA Technologies incl ESB, BPEL
• Business Rule Engines
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: email@example.com or fax to: 086 600 7977. You can also contact Cheyenne or Sam on 011 807 8064. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za