Senior Java Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa, Gauteng|
|Salary||R20k p/m – R30k p/m|
|Education||BSc and a formal Java Qualification|
Senior Java Developer position has become available with a well-established company in the Johannesburg area.
• Clear criminal record
• Provide technical leadership for project and team through design and code reviews, ensuring best technical practices are applied
• Implement Agile Development practices
• Work with development team to troubleshoot development environment, production environment, performance tune and optimize code
• Ensure Knowledge transfer to junior development team members
• Participate in the interview process for future java developers
• Monitors individual development team members to identify and schedule required training
• Provides mentorship to java development team
• Fulfil solution architectural role via demonstrated knowledge of problem domain
• Assist during design of the software solution
• Assist in physical and logical database design and be able to interpret design diagrams and documents
• Understanding of both OOP and SSAD techniques
• Be able to successfully interpret design documentation and build the software solution according to the specified requirement
• Develop and test technical solutions using the development tools applicable to the team he/she functions in
• Apply software engineering best practices gained through formal education, policies and work experience, during development of software solutions
• Participate giving expert solution reviews
• Provide constructive feedback for improvements after solution reviews.
• Expert Apache Struts framework knowledge
• Ability to lead, mentor and provide technical direction to a small team of developers on various projects
• Detailed design capabilities including applying SOA principles
• Knowledge of multiple languages and/or technologies and in depth understanding of database structures
• Assistance with the production of technical specifications for Java and development team
• Design solutions across multiple web systems
• Strong technical knowledge across multiple disciplines (such as development patterns, struts, performance and optimization)
• Debug across multiple systems
• Build and maintain systems
• Integrate new systems with existing ones
• Analyse existing systems to evaluate user requirements, assist with technical specifications
• Cross technology collaboration beneficial i.e. C#, .Net Framework
• Able to interpret project and development plans and have an understanding of project roles, project goals, and timelines
• Manage time effectively during task execution in order to meet assigned milestones
• Establish responsible deadlines for reporting staff and personal work plans
• Communicate with project team members or relevant stakeholders regarding technical design and implementation of the solution
• Be able to use team collaboration tools such as document libraries, source control and email
• Attend meetings in order to understand customer requirements, make design decisions and report on progress
Kindly take note that this position closes on 5 August 2015.
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: it.jobs (@) hireresolve.co.za or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Renatae on 011 807 8064. Please include in your application your full ID number, along with your salary requirement and notice period.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za