Senior Java Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in SA. Johannesburg|
Great new position available for a Senior Java Developer in the Johannesburg area. Looking for hard working and dedicated guys who love Java coding.
• Provide technical leadership for project and team through design and code reviews, ensuring best technical practices are applied.
• Implement Agile Development practices
• Work with development team to troubleshoot development environment, production environment, performance tune and optimize code.
• Ensure Knowledge transfer to junior development team members.
• Participate in the interview process for future java developers.
• Monitors individual development team members to identify and schedule required training.
• Provides mentorship to java development team.
• Fulfill solution architectural role via demonstrated knowledge of problem domain.
Software Solution Design
• Assist during design of the software solution
• Assist in physical and logical database design and be able to interpret design diagrams and documents.
• Understanding of both OOP and SSAD techniques.
• Be able to successfully interpret design documentation and build the software solution according to the specified requirement.
• Develop and test technical solutions using the development tools applicable to the team he/she functions in.
• Apply software engineering best practices gained through formal education, policies and work experience, during development of software solutions.
• Participate giving expert solution reviews
• Provide constructive feedback for improvements after solution reviews.
Qualification and experience:
• Minimum 4 years systems development experience in Java, J2EE (Back-end)
• Expert Apache Struts framework knowledge
• Ability to lead, mentor and provide technical direction to a small team of developers on various projects
• Detailed design capabilities including applying SOA principles
• Knowledge of multiple languages and/or technologies and in depth understanding of database structures
• Assistance with the production of technical specifications for java and development team
• Design solutions across multiple web systems
• Strong technical knowledge across multiple disciplines (such as development patterns, struts, performance and optimization)
• Debug across multiple systems
• Build and maintain systems
• Integrate new systems with existing ones
• Analyze existing systems to evaluate user requirements, assist with technical specifications
• Cross technology collaboration beneficial i.e. C#, .Net Framework
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Lyndall on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za