Senior Java C++ Software Engineer
|Education||Relevant diploma or degree from a recognised tertiary institution|
|Experience||5+ years’ experience|
Our client is seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Java Software Engineer Data with 5+ years of recent development experience.
• Applicant must be able to interact and work with a dynamic and ambitious team.
• Well-spoken with good interpersonal communication skills.
• Positive and motivated attitude.
• Applicant has a strong ethos of writing high quality applications they are proud of.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Team player with genuine interest in technology.
• Can work with little supervision, proactive and takes on responsibility for code and applications developed.
• Ability to practice consistent delivery, to a high standard, in a stabled environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 5+ year’s recent development experience. Formal qualification is a plus.
• Exposure to the full software life cycle.
• Experience developing high performance, scalable, reliable applications.
• Proven experience meeting deadlines and delivering quality code.
• Proven experience working in an Agile environment
• Strong OO development skills in core Java
• Multithreaded, stand-alone server application development
• Inter-process communications using TCP/IP sockets
• SQL, relational database design and JDBC, preferably with MySQL
• Strong JVM configuration and tuning experience
• Following skills are a bonus, not a requirement:
• Java Server Pages (JSP), Java ME
• FireFly, Glassfish, Spring, karaf or OSGI framework.
• Design patterns
• Communications protocols
• Test driven development (TDD)
• Linux, C++, Delphi, PHP or other language experience.
• Strong OO development skills using C++ (not C or C#).
• Experience with CMAKE
• Understanding and practical use of the C++ standard template library.
• Strong, practical, Linux skills (Red Hat and/or Centos is advantageous)
• Development of multi-threaded, server side applications, using C++
• Inter-process communications using sockets (TCP/IP & unix sockets)
• SQL and relational database design (MySQL advantageous)
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: it. jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Nikita on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za