Senior Energy Consultant
|Salary||R900k - R700k p/a|
|Education||BEng or BTech in Electrical Engineering|
|Experience||6 - 10 years experience|
A reputable client of our is looking for an experienced Senior Energy Consultant to join their team in Cape Town.
The selected candidate will become part of the planning and advisory division and will be involved in the expansion of renewable energy consulting work in South Africa.
• PrEng/PrTech required or CEng may be considered depending on the candidate
• BEng or BTech in Electrical Engineering, preferably with a further qualification in renewable energy and / or project management and or financial management
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, DigSilent, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Knowledge and interest in data-management, machine learning, Python etc. will be a bonus
• At least 3 years work experience relevant to planning, project development, EPC and O&M Contracts and implementation of renewable energy projects
• At least 6 years work experience relevant to the energy sector
• Experience in energy project finance
• Experience of the South Africa energy sector
• Support the further growth, development and service delivery of the energy consulting team, with a focus on electrical engineering aspects of our projects, but also business development and project management (leading our internal teams) of PV, wind and mini micro-grid projects. Focus on grid-connections and large-project context, structure and role-players are important.
• Project management (resourcing, financial management, etc.) and delivery of lender’s advisory, owner’s engineer and design services within the renewable energy sector for private Independent Power Producer clients, including: project planning and management, feasibility studies, concept design development and preparation of technical specifications and tender documentation - with a particular focus on photovoltaic, wind, storage and grid systems.
• Project management (resourcing, financial management, etc.) and delivery of lenders technical advisory, owner’s engineer and design services within the renewable energy sector, including technical due diligence review and construction monitoring project stages - with a particular focus on photovoltaic, wind, storage and grid systems.
• Writing technical reports & presentations, checking and reviewing reports, drawings and presentations by others
• Preparation and delivery of bids and proposals.
• Driving the development of more junior energy team members in the Cape Town office, via mentoring and provision of technical and commercial guidance.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send a detailed CV to email@example.com or call Kyra/Emma on 021 551 8638.
Alternatively, please visit our website www.hireresolve.co.za
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za