Senior BI Specialist
|Location||BI Jobs in Johannesburg|
|Salary||R50 000 - R60 000|
|Education||BSc Degree or Equivalent|
|Experience||5-7 years' experience|
A leading company in the finance industry based in Edenvale is currently looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Senior BI Specialist to join their team.
• Design and build data warehouse solutions to support projects using Microsoft SQL Server
• Conduct the implementation of architecture design, ETL, data modelling, and data validation
• Hands-on development of end to end BI solutions.
• Define technical requirements, technical and data architectures for the data warehouse.
• Recommend supplemental data warehouse technologies
• Translate user requirements into technical architecture vision and implementation plan.
• Define policies, procedures, and governance for the data warehouse.
• Solve critical business needs by modelling the business intelligence database environments.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert in data modelling concepts (star and snowflake schema, normalized & de-normalized data models)
• Conduct ETL process design and sizing data warehousing projects.
• Develop, test, and implement ETL processes.
• Responsible for prototyping solutions, preparing test scripts, and conducting tests for data replication, extraction, transformation, loading, cleansing, and data modelling for data warehouses.
• Analyse performance statistics and recommend improvements.
• Perform code reviews, analyse execution plans, and re-factor inefficient code
• Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or technical questions
• Collaborate with business analysts, subject matter experts, and other team members to determine design requirements and specifications
• Collaborate with IT operations to perform root cause analysis
• Respond quickly to bug fixes and enhancement requests.
• Work on multiple assignments concurrently under aggressive deadlines
Requirements/ Relevant Experience:
• BSc degree or Equivalent
• Qualification in SSRS or other BI reporting tools
• MS SQL Server Certified
• 5 – 7 Years work experience in ETL development and data analysis / mining
• 3 – 5 Years work experience in data warehouse design
• 1 year of report writing experience
• Demonstrate expertise with database technologies including evidence of proficiency in relational database programming using SQL Server application suite and database design
• Demonstrate ability to lead and contribute expertise in the areas of architecture, application performance scalability and design patterns methods
• Advanced Excel skills
• MS SQL – Query writing
• Experience in SSIS or another BI ETL Tool
• Advanced Analytical skills / Excellent Numeracy skills:
• Advanced understanding of data warehousing concepts as described by subject matter
• Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
• The ideal candidate must also have a deep understanding of how businesses leverage data in core functional areas, specifically in the areas of Sales, Manufacturing, and Finance
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to Jenna on firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Jenna on 031 350 4405.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential”
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za