Senior BI Analyst Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Cape Town|
|Experience||3 years experience|
A great new career opportunity is available in Cape Town, where an online organization is looking for a Senior BI Analyst Developer. This role requires a motivated, energetic, inquisitive and highly numerate person who has a solid technical base but also possesses an appreciation for numbers and understands the value that can be derived from interrogating them.
• Integration of new sources of data into company databases so that it can also be analysed and included in relevant reports
• Integration of data into relevant workflow processes, with the specific aim of continuously improving what the company does and how it does it
• Conceptualizing, defining and delivering new reports, as well as improving existing ones
• Analysis of data from various sources in order to ensure that the business acts proactively on the information at its disposal
• Continually searching for new and useful ways to obtain, integrate and analyse data that is relevant to the company’s business model
• Education of report end-users so as to ensure a maximum spread of expertise around the company
Qualifications and Experience:
• Strong math, stats and logical skills, together with an obvious love of numbers, spreadsheets and graphs
• Undergraduate degree (or substantial progress towards one) with majors in IS / math / stats / engineering or similar. Alternatively, at least 3 years work experience in a business intelligence role will be considered. A relevant post-graduate degree will be a strong plus
• Good inter-personal and communication skills
• Knowledge of relational databases, MS Office, VBA, data mining and stats software is highly preferable but not essential if you’re a fast learner
• Hands-on experience with SQL (e.g. MS-SQL Server 2008r2), OLAP (e.g. MS-Analysis Services (SSAS)), reporting tools (e.g. MS-Reporting Services (SSRS)), data transformation (e.g. MS-Integration Services (SSIS)) and data warehouses will be useful
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: email@example.com or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact James or Sharne on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za