Ruby on Rails Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in SA. Cape Town|
A new-age digital development, social media and marketing solutions company in Cape Town is looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer. We cater to a range of premium local and international companies and brand houses.
What we’re currently interested in/working on :
Ruby on Rails – We have moved completely away from using open source content management systems in order to spend more time building our own systems. We want to build ourselves a framework that we will use on various project moving forward. We have decided to take this approach because we feel like traditional frameworks are bloated, insecure and do not cater for the specific needs of each project.
Mobile Apps – We have taken a keen interest in hybrid libraries like Ionic and React Native and have built some amazing apps. We want to scale our backend development of these apps and build a smart management system for apps such as Loadshed.
Rails & Ember – For those times when we need to build something bigger and more functional, or if SEO isn’t important, we look to those frameworks that we believe will make us happy. While our use of Rails and Ember have been minimal, we love the idea behind their architectures. We love programming, and anything that aims to make us enjoy it even more is definitely worth our attention.
We love using new technologies and finding better ways to do things. We love the debate, the learning and the discovery. If you feel the same, come and join us in our mission!
As a back-end developer, your responsibilities will include:
• Fluency in Ruby (Sinatra, Rails..)
• Experience in RESTful API Design & Architecture
• Experience with Delayed Job
• Frequent usage of Rspec
• Strong knowledge of HTTP, REST
• Great DB modelling and optimization skills (Redis / Postgresql / SQLite / MySQL)
• Deployment on Heroku / EC2 / NGINX.
• Comfortable with git repository workflows
• An understanding and adoption of basic programming practices (DRY, OOP, etc.)
• Passion for writing clean, maintainable and testable code
• An understanding of the importance of well written and mantainable code
• You understand the importance of customers in product development and are capable of translating functional requirements into a technical design
• Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail, especially testing and quality assurance.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za