Roads Engineer / Technologist
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa, Western Cape|
|Salary||650k - 550k|
|Education||BSc / BEng / BTech: Civil Engineering|
|Experience||5 -10 years|
A great opportunity exists for a - Roads Engineer / Technologist – to join a renowned engineering consultancy firm in Cape Town.
Position is based in Cape Town; however there may be projects nationally and within Africa. There would be limited travel to undertake site inspections.
• Bsc/BEng. (Civil)
• BTech (Civil)
• Professional registration as a PrEng or PrTechEng with ECSA is a requirement but will consider candidates who are eligible and in the process of registering.
Computer competency in the use of design software such as Civil Designer, Civil 3 and AutoCAD is a prerequisite.
• 5 - 10 years experience with geometric design of highways and rural roads including storm water drainage and dealing with services.
• Candidates who have experience in pavement engineering, contract documentation and site experience will have an advantage.
• Previous experience must also include client liaison, compilation and submission of tenders.
• The candidate would be appointed to work in the Roads Department.
• The work includes the management of junior engineers, technologists, technicians and CAD operators. This includes giving technical advice, designing of roads, allocation of duties, contract administration and budgets.
• The candidate must have a pleasant personality and be able to mentor younger staff. He/she must be a strong team player with excellent people skills.
• The position is a permanent placement based in the Cape Town Office.
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Meghan / Caroline / Pandora / Riana on 021 551 8638
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za