Railway Design Engineer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Cape Town|
|Education||NDip or BTech|
|Experience||5 + years|
A large international firm is looking for railway design engineers in Cape Town and Durban.
• Provide design deliverables that satisfy safety and quality requirements.
• Produce design calculations and drawings.
• Work within a design team and other personnel as required.
• Contribute to the production of design investigations, reports and specifications.
• Design in compliance with relevant technical, professional and group standards.
• Ensure project change for design package is fully implemented and recorded.
• Undertake work using formal processes and procedures.
• Manage and record time and assist in providing time estimates for tasks.
• Design packages delivered to programme and budget.
• Design packages comply with good design practice, relevant technical, professional and group
• Accurate design packages with a minimum of rework.
• Effective and organised member of a team.
• Accurate and complete design records.
• Successful audits.
• Accurate checking of design packages with minimum rework.
• Completed design is suitable for installation without re work or delay
• Railway access safe method of working competency.
National Technical Diploma or BTech
At least 5 years specific experience.
• Awareness of construction methods and materials.
• Working Knowledge of:
• Railway Standards, procedures and safety legislation.
• Office applications and CAD standards.
• Engineering Drawing Practices.
• Ability to plan and produce compliant alignment designs unsupervised.
• Knowledge of:
• Trackform and components.
• Railway and configuration.
• Clearances and clearance issues.
• Implications of working with related disciplines – Electrification, Power, Signalling, Civil Engineering.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or fax to 086 572 8866. You can also contact Meghan/ Caroline/Madelaine or Riana on 021 551 8638.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za