|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Durban|
|Education||B.Com Hons / CA ( SA)|
|Experience||5-10 years in Project Accounting|
Position: Project Accountant
Salary: R450 000
Start date: 1 October/1 November
Job Description : Description: The Project Accountant supports the Business Unit Financial Controller in the employment of effective project accounting in the company.
• Ownership of compliance with company revenue recognition policy, IFRS, and U.S. GAAP proactively manage adherence to company policy. Aid in the preparation and approval of the documentation of business line revenue-related processes to comply with U.S. based SOX internal controls, company requirements, and ensure these policies are followed
• Resolve questions from operations personnel on revenue issues and project accounting in a timely fashion.
• Provides guidance/training to other Finance & Accounting support staff regarding policies, procedures
• Responsible for monthly review of project data (set up, contract interpretation, policies, etc) to identify issues and work with Operations on corrective actions
• Check and collate approved revenue adjustments at month end for posting
• Produce routine revenue accruals/prepayments/ fixed assets etc. journals for posting
• Manage month end close for revenue reporting – investigate & resolve project data for revenue/margin anomalies in conjunction with company Finance & Operations staff
• Prepares/Reviews Balance Sheet reconciliations on Accounts Receivable, WIP, and Loss Reserves
• Coordinates and ensures quarterly updates of project-based forecasting of both revenue and costs
• Produces routine package for monthly commercial reviews and presents at meetings, as necessary
• Analyze project-based overhead analysis, concluding on its sufficiency where necessary
• Collate comments for Exception report
• Take ownership of internal system developed for revenue recognition
Qualifications & Experience:
• A Bcom Hons (CTA), CA (SA) is advantageous.
• 5yrs project accounting experience.
• Experience with IFRS (Must), and U.S. GAAP (preferable).
• Experience in US quarterly reporting.
• Experience with ERP, Pastel, Oracle, SAP, etc.
• Experience with revenue recognition on percentage of completion (advantageous).
• Revenue recognition on percentage of completion experience would be an advantage.
• Experience in reading and interpreting contracts
Personal & Professional Qualities:
• Outgoing, assertive and able to also interact with executives.
• Ability to manage people (incl executives) not directly reporting to role.
• Business focused and a change agent.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Able to work collaboratively in a multi-site and multi-cultural team environment.
• Good understanding of ERP software packages (Pastel, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Deadline and task driven
• Ability to work independently within minimum supervision and review
• Manage time and tasks effectively to produce required output
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Dinel on 011 807 8064.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: finance.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za