PHP Developer preferably with BTech / BSc
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Johannesburg|
|Salary||Salary will be negotiable, based on experience|
|Education||Diploma in Information Technology, BTech (IT) or Computer Science Degree a significant advantage|
Hire Resolve is looking to fill the following position:
• We are looking for an intermediate PHP Lamp Developer to build our new web applications and support our existing web applications. (The company only develops web applications).
• We would like someone with solid technical skills that can do the development of new applications in a structured manner.
• We understand that this person will need to have design assistance for new projects and they will be supported by experts or consultants as required (i.e. database, front end design, architecture etc)
• There will be projects that the candidate would be involved in where they will not be the driver but rather support the people we have put in place to do the work i.e. Amazon File Storage, Solr / Sphinx internal search and other infrastructure projects, Skills and Experience
• Excellent PHP (v4 and or v5) and MySQL skills (At least three years’ experience in PHP programming)
• Apache and understanding of LAMP stack • HTML and CSS skills
• Excellent problem-solving abilities
• Excellent communication skills
• 2 to 3 years professional experience
• Linux experience (working with LAMP systems) • SVN (Subversion)
• MySQL experience
• Understanding of SSH and FTP
• Web Services, SOAP and XML
• Understanding of Object Oriented development methodologies Behaviour: These are some of the things we look for:
• Passion for the web
• Technical Skills
• Solid work ethic
• High standards in terms of, code quality and response speed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic and communicative team member with a positive attitude
• Organisational skills
• Creative Problem solver
• Highly energetic and motivated
• End user orientated / focused
• Logical thinker • Work independently, with a high degree of responsibility
• Desire to grow and develop and be the best in the industry
• Diploma in Information Technology, BTech (IT) or Computer Science Degree a significant advantage.
• Knowledge of SEO principles
• Knowledge of WordPress, Joomla or Drupal
• Experience with PHP Frameworks (MVC): Zend, CodeIgniter, Symfony, Cake
• Ruby Skills
• HTML 5 skills
• Version Control experience
• C/Java/QT experience
• Salary will be negotiable, based on experience.
• Report to the Directors, Managed by Director in Johannesburg
• Company likes smart, motivated people with a sense of humour who will fit in with the rest of the team.
• The person could be based at our offices in Cape Town (Century City) or Johannesburg (North) or in PE
• Salary negotiable in line with experience and technical skills
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 600 7977. You can also contact Cheyenne or Sam on 011 807 8064. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za