Opportunity for Experienced Business Analyst
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg North|
|Salary||R45k - R35k|
A client in the software development industry is looking for an experienced (and technically minded) Business Analyst to join their team. You must be a good communicator and an effective problem solver to be suitable for this role, having come from a software development background.
• IT-Related Degree/Diploma
• Software Development experience
• "Play" with existing systems to figure out what they do, and understand how this offers value to the business as a whole.
• Compile physical, logical or conceptual data models starting from a physical DB, paper forms or sometimes just a conversation with a user. (Ideally, you should be opinionated about the difference between "logical" and "conceptual" in the previous sentence)
• Propose normalisation strategies for existing or new databases. Indeed normalisation should be second nature to you, especially in relation to objects in an OO development environment where ORM is involved.
• Compile UML activity diagrams, class diagrams and use case diagrams without needing to Google. For UML component diagrams you may "cheat" from time to time with a bit of Googling to get the syntax "just right" :)
• Write up business requirements and functional specifications, even if nobody gives you a template to fill in.
• Design screen mock-ups.
• Write and read SQL and XML without stressing and constant Googling.
• Compile test requirements and scenarios for automated and manual testing. Possibly even using tools such as SOAPUI, Cucumber and Selenium (or others that we haven't even heard of).
• Write up training manuals or wiki pages.
• Lead group discussions and software demonstrations, often involving client stakeholders.
• Build executable business processes using one or more BPMN-based process design tools. Executing such processes for simulation or testing purposes should not be a concern to you, even if it involves reading up on a new tool.
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: it.jobs [at] hireresolve.co.za (Attention: Debi) or fax to: 086 600 7977. You can also contact Debi on 011 807 8064. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Deadline: 4 December 2015
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za