Operations Test Analyst
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg South|
|Salary||R470K – R400K|
|Education||Tertiary Qualification is essential (Bachelor Degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar)|
|Experience||Good understanding of the system development life cycle|
We are urgently looking for an Operations Test Analyst to join a vibrant team and organisation based in Johannesburg. Candidates must have a good understanding of the system development life cycle.
South African Citizens only!
• Responsible for planning and executing testing efforts of software systems, releases, fixes and enhancements, including documentation, reporting, analysis and acceptance.
• Responsible for reviewing specifications, extracting business rules, compiling test / strategy /plans, test approaches, test cases according to the needs and complexity of products or services developed including defect and issue management
• Prepare and plan for User Acceptance Testing, including facilities, test data, scenario preparation, identification of correct participants etc. for devices, applications, projects and products
• Develop Test Plans which includes the features to be tested, exclusions, test strategy and entry/exit criteria for the changes or projects being tested
• Create test cases against the requirements and functional specifications
• Tests in accordance to the criteria outlined in the planning stage
• Where possible complete testing of emergency changes
• Communicates test results to Project management and Test Leads
• Review test scripts and results and ensure that they are signed off by all stakeholders
• Conduct User Acceptance Testing aligned to the test plan with a high level of professionalism ensuring that all back-out plans are documented and tested..
• Provide Test Environment support by raising issues to ensure the environment is available as per the UAT support schedule.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Tertiary Qualification is essential (Bachelor Degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar)
• Good understanding of the system development life cycle
• Knowledge of the role of Quality Assurance and Testing within the system development life cycle
• Experience with software implementation projects
• Experience with working in project teams
• Knowledge of the telecoms/communications/broadcast industry (not mandatory, but an advantage)
• A commitment to service management best practice as defined by ITIL
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Sharne, Sam or Shamiso on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za