National Financial Manager - Durban
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Durban|
|Education||Ideally a CA(SA) or CMA qualification|
|Experience||5-10 years in Logistics|
A Leading Logistics company based in Durban is currently looking for a National Financial Manager
• Ideally a CA(SA) or CMA qualification
• 5 to 10 years’ experience within the Logistics sector, including financial reporting and people management
• SAP experience would be advantageous
3.1. Strategic Contribution
• Participate in the formulation and implementation of the national financial strategy, based on a 2 to 5 year view of requirements.
• Ensure that assigned and agreed strategic targets are operationalised and achieved.
3.2. National Budgeting and Forecasting
• Coordinate and control the entire Company’s budget process and delivery within deadlines.
• Oversee the consolidation of the budget input from the various businesses and sense check reasonableness.
• Provide input regarding the formulation of the operational budgets.
• Coordinate the capex budget within agreed parameters.
• Liaise with the project steercom regarding the prioritisation of projects based on return on investment, risk etc. and for guidance on the capex budget and forecasts.
• Ensure that expense budgets are based on economic indicators.
• Report the budget in the required format and present it to the management team.
• Draft the executive summary and ensure that the final budget document / presentation reflects the strategic intent and adequately communicates the year’s ‘story’ and explains major variances from Q4.
• Ensure completion and consolidation of national operations capex budgets, including collation of information and liaison with regions.
• Prepare the operations budget and forecasting timetable.
3.3. Monthly and Annual Financial Reporting
• Coordinate the monthly financial close with the operations.
• Perform comparative analyses of results to budget, forecast and last year to test accuracy and reasonableness.
• Oversee prompt resolution of queries / reconciling items.
• Assess the level of accruals held for operational expenditure each month to cover timing differences
• Provide input to the National Operations Manager for commentary on monthly reports.
• Manage the year-end audit process to ensure deadlines are met at the operations including year-end stock counts.
• Through regular review, ensure that there are no high risk audit exceptions for the attention of the audit committee.
3.4. Commercial Insights
• Provide commercial insight for new projects including the application of financial modelling tools such as discounted cash flows to evaluate the financial benefits and payback of new projects.
• Assist in the preparation of motivations for capex’s including presentations to the Exec team and Board.
• Provide commercial insight in the implementation of projects related to Operations.
3.5. Governance Compliance
• Ensure compliance with IFRS, the Income Tax Act and Business-wide operational procedures internal controls.
• Ensure national compliance with capex application and procure to payment processes.
• Ensure post implementation audits are completed and results are submitted and distributed accordingly.
3.6. Additional Financial Management
• Fulfil the responsibilities associated with being an EFT and cheque signatory ensuring adherence to operational procedures.
• Provide financial support in projects relating to Operations.
3.7. Regional (KwaZulu-Natal) Financial Management
• Drive the regional budget process and delivery within deadlines.
• Coordinate the regional capex budget within agreed parameters, prioritising projects based on return on investment, risk and ensuring that investment is in line with strategy.
• Ensure that regional expense budgets reflect the economic indicators and are aligned with Group strategy.
• Report the regional budget in the required format and present it to management teams.
• Ensure that the capital spend is within budgeted guidelines.
• Evaluate capital investment projects as and when they arise by reviewing the financial indicators and ensuring that projects yield the required return.
• Provide return on investment information to the regional Operations management team to assist with the prioritisation of projects.
• Identify sound investment opportunities for the business and communicate such to the appropriate role-players.
• Ensure post implementation reviews are reported to the business.
• Compile and deliver monthly reports on regional operational results vs. budget.
• Analyse cost variance reports.
• Assist the regional operations management team to optimise efficiencies.
• Measure, analyse and explain KPI fluctuations and variances.
• Ensure financial disciplines and internal controls are maintained at all depots in the region.
3.8. Operations Finance Team Budget Management
• Oversee national operations costs to ensure the optimal utilisation of budgets.
• Report on a regular basis on actual KPI’s versus budget and work with regional teams to address areas of non-conformance or concern proactively and timeously.
• Oversee all input costs across the regions and resolve any over- or underspend appropriately to ensure that issues are addressed before significant financial loss occurs.
• Monitor spending activity across the regional teams to ensure compliance to financial and ethical standards.
• Implement and encourage cost management initiatives across the regional teams where these do not impact on long term business sustainability.
• Ensure that strategic business risks are mitigated within budgetary constraints through the allocation of spend to areas of high priority across the regions.
3.9. Team and Staff Management
• Lead and develop staff and regional finance teams within the context of the Labour Relations Act, Employment Equity Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act and the Skills Development Act.
• Monitor staff and regional team performance and provide regular feedback.
• Oversee and coordinate staff and regional team activities, ensuring service levels are met and protocols are adhered to.
• Coach and support staff and regional teams where necessary to achieve objectives.
• Manage direct staff leave and general time management issues in line with organisational deliverables and standards.
• Manage and deliver on succession plans to enable the development of a future generation of leaders and specialists and ensure optimal turnover and retention levels are maintained.
• Champion staff training and development through the utilisation of available training opportunities or contributing to the development of new training solutions in collaboration with national training specialists.
• Conduct regular performance appraisals with subordinates.
• Establish sound staff and labour organising and communication structures and systems.
• Lead the team towards meeting the strategy and targets through regular communication and utilisation of the full organisational talent management tool set.
• Develop and manage high performance multidisciplinary teams in order to solve problems within the commercial arena.
• Conduct regular meetings and ensure that records are kept and shared across the team and that action plans agreed to within team meetings are delivered upon.
• Timeliness and accuracy of reporting
• Level of compliance
• Degree of operational consistency across the regions
• Audit results
• Budget and forecasting accuracy and relevance
• Expenditure control
• Quality of advice, insight and recommendations to regional teams
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Gary/Dinel on 011 807 8064.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential”
or email us: finance.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za