MySQL DBA (Systems Engineer)
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Cape Town|
|Salary||R35k – R25k|
A leading worldwide online retailer is looking for a MySQL DBA (Systems Engineer) to join their exciting team.
Applicants should possess the following skills.
• Relevant Tertiary Qualification (BSc Preferred)
• 5+ years of professional experience in systems administration with a focus on databases
• An ability to operate in high pressure environments and successfully handle multiple priorities
• In-depth knowledge of database system fundamentals and its core technologies
• In-depth knowledge of the Linux stack and experience with managing it within a work context
• Proficiency in automating systems and processes
• In-depth knowledge of server software and hardware troubleshooting
• Experience with managing large volume and high throughput database systems
• Experience with managing databases in large scale distributed Linux environments
• Skilled at operating at all levels of the system stack – from hardware through kernel and up to the operating system and network
• Knowledge of system performance methodologies along with hands-on empirical monitoring
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: email@example.com (Attention: James) or fax to: 086 600 7977. You can also contact James on 011 807 8064. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za