Mid Level Ruby on Rails Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in SA. Cape Town|
|Salary||R40 – R30k|
|Education||Degree or Diploma|
Mid Level Ruby on Rails Developer is wanted for a position with a well-established agency in the Cape Town area. The client is looking for a self-motivated candidate who is a great communicator and who is well organised and who has a GREAT personality.
*No applications will be considered after 20 May 2015
Qualifications & Experience
• Tertiary education, preferably B Comm (IS) or BSc (Computer Science) or equivalent 3 year qualification.
• Support existing and developing back-end functionality and components.
• Refractor and improve the back-end framework to keep the product maintainable and agile to new requirements.
• Build and integrate customised CMS.
• Integrating API's as well as building social features within applications.
• Improving/optimising the overall performance and scalability of applications.
• Work effectively as part of a team environment and follow development processes and standards.
• Solid Ruby on Rails
• Experience in back-end technologies and API integrations
• Strong database development - MySQL
• Experience building scalable web applications
• Experience working with mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.)
• Test driven development and refactoring
• Strong object oriented analysis and design experience
• Experience in a digital agency environment
• Experience in a fast-paced, can-do, industry-leading environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-directed team player who thrives in a continually changing environment
• Love the start-up environment, and can work well alone and across multiple teams!
• Actionscript 3
• Exposure to Scrum (or another Agile methodology)
*This position closes on the 20 May 2015
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: it.jobs (@) hireresolve.co.za or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Justine on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at jobspec (@) hireresolve.co.za with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za