Logistics Manager Johannesburg
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Johannesburg|
|Salary||R550k - R450k|
|Education||B Tech / B Com|
Logistics Manager needed for FMCG company in Johannesburg
- Oversee the Materials Planning and Supply Planning functions on a day-to-day basis
- Oversee the management and movement of raw materials ensuring that the factory has constant and adequate supply of raw materials necessary for production
- Ensure that the factory has adequate and effective stock control and general warehousing practices
- Ensure that structures are in place to monitor the flow of goods and materials using IT as a key tool in forecasting increasingly complex systems of stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation of the logistics department
- Manage the third-party relationships including, but not limited to suppliers and labour brokers providing contract warehouse labour
- Maintain awareness of and strategic response to external influences, such as legislation, fuel costs and environmental pressures
- Develop the business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions
- Perform high level analyses of data to monitor performance and plan improvements
Relevant tertiary qualification (minimum BTech or Bachelor's degree) in Logistics, Warehousing, Distribution or related disciplines;
• 5 - 7 years experience in a supply chain environment, preferably within a beverage manufacturing environment
• Experience with computerised warehouse management systems
• Solid and proven people management skills
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: email@example.com. You can also contact Georgia on 021 551 8638.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: supplychain.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za