|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa, Gauteng|
|Salary||R50k – R80k|
|Education||Computer Science Degree|
An exciting opportunity exists at a Software Development company in Johannesburg for an experienced Java Developer.
• Candidates will be required to operate with a high degree of independence in a relaxed atmosphere, but deliver within tight deadlines and often with conflicting priorities
• Candidates will also be required to be on standby one week a month
• The vacancy requirement includes working within a small group of young, dynamic people and stock market trading experts, and the candidate will be required to handle large volumes of financial market data, and develop tools for cleaning and pre-processing such data
• The candidate will be required to do development work from time to time on expanding the services delivered by this system
• Suitable candidates will be accountable for the full lifecycle of application development including, design, development, writing, implantation and testing of cutting edge applications and systems for international financial markets
• Candidates will be required to learn the structure of complex, mature software applications and be able to locate and repair problems in code, as well as make enhancements within the framework of the existing product
• It is a requirement that the application be thorough in making sure all code changes meet the quality standards and the needs of the customers.
• Creating new technologies that can be applied in the field of financial analysis and trading
• Design structure of application interfaces
• Implements own designs successfully
• Rolls out own applications successfully
• Writing computational algorithms
• Java (Enterprise Web and Application Server environments)
• SQL (understanding the theory of relational database design)
• Have basic networking knowledge
• Full lifecycle application development
• Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages
• Software Analysis, code analysis, requirement analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
• Object-orientated Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
• Software modelling and simulation
• Front end graphical user interface design
• Software testing and quality assurance
• Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
Please take note that applications close on 10 December 2015.
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Renatae on 011 807 8064.
Please include in your application your full ID number, along with your salary requirement and notice period. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za