|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa, Gauteng|
|Salary||R45k - R55k|
A well-established company has made available an opportunity for a Java Developer in Johannesburg.
• To join a dynamic team of innovative and fast paced developers to develop front end web and/or mobile interfaces that integrate with back-end web services
• To take documented Customer Requirements Specifications and Product Requirements Specifications and create flawless and executable solutions, which perform all functions required by the business
• To find creative and innovative software solutions to technical issues and have confidence in releasing source code into the business environment without defects
• To have a passion for coding, creating solutions, and solving problems.
• Source Code - Implement the Technical Specification using the relevant development language (Java, Magic)
• Produce source code by applying the DHS technical standards, and referencing the systems' exposed sub processes
• Update the reference documentation and update the scheduling tool with progress
• Consult with BA and Architect on technical issues encountered
• Document logic and comments inside code
• Document Database structure changes and rule changes
• Produce or update the configuration files
• Unit Test Code - Conduct unit testing, and fix any defects found
• Review error logs and provide BA with updates on fixes found in testing
• Consult and assist the BA in reviewing defects found in testing
• During Test Standby duties, handle any defects as raised in the testing process
• Release the source code with zero defects
• Peer Review Report - Participate in the process of reviewing code for consistent application of standards, logic and effective use of libraries and reusable aspects of the application
• Defects root cause analysis - respond to incidents escalated by the Incidents team
• Log issues in the appropriate issues tracking system
• Conduct preliminary analysis on issues
• Verify and validate build stability
• Have great learning orientation,
• Structured and analytical problem solving,
• Planning and organisation,
• Stress management,
• Action orientation.
• Unit Testing
• Database structure design
• Technical Change Control
• Twitter Boostrap
• HTML4 & 5
• Data modelling
Please take note that applications close on 24 September 2015.
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: it.jobs (@) hireresolve.co.za or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Renatae on 011 807 8064.
Please include in your application your full ID number, along with your salary requirement and notice period.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za