|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg West|
|Education||Degree in Information Technology|
|Experience||5-10 years experience|
A great positions is available for a Java Developer in the Johannesburg West Area. The successful applicant will be part of a development team responsible for implementing quality code changes initiated by customers (support) or product management (development). Work closely with analysts, designers, documenters and testers to deliver high quality product to a specified timescale.
Qualification and Experience:
• Tech/B.Com/BSc degree in IT with honors or similar.
• Minimum of 5- 10 years hands on experience with Java/JEE or C/C++.
• Masters would be an advantage
• Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
• Write technical specifications to outline the assigned task.
• Develop and maintain server applications
• Develop and maintain desktop applications as well as stay updated on latest technologies and trends.
• Develop libraries to wrap function for third party use.
• Understand Windows SDK (APIs) to take advantage of OS functions.
• Design and develop SQL database structures and procedures to fulfil the application data requirements.
• Compile documentation and review documentation of other team members.
• Assist and mentor team members
• Assist to set coding standards and software development processes
Specific Skills (Technical):
• Java/JEE architecture, design and development
• Integration and middleware design and development
• Understanding and working knowledge of fundamental data structures and algorithms.
• Understanding and working knowledge of data communications technologies such as:
• *TCP/IP, SS7, ISO858, JSON, XML web services
• Understanding and working knowledge of OOAD technologies (UML etc.).
• Understanding and working knowledge of database technologies:
• *SQL/NoSQL etc. (Microsoft/openSource/Oracle).
• *SQL Stored procedures.
• Understanding and working knowledge of design patterns and anti-patterns.
• Understanding and working knowledge of at least 2 of the following operating systems:
• Experience in the payment sector advantageous.
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Sharne on 011 807 8064 Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note preference will be given to BEE candidates.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za