IT Development Manager
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in SA. Johannesburg|
Responsible for the management of resources that estimate and carry out the development, testing, documentation and delivery of applications. Ensures that programmes of applications development work are planned and monitored and that results are delivered to time, budget and quality targets and in accordance with appropriate standards. May be responsible for the selection and planning of a programme of projects and related activities to achieve a set of business objectives.
The Development Manager will have oversight and responsibility for timely delivery of application & integration solutions required to meet the business needs of various IST projects and initiatives.
This person will maintain a staff of analysts, developers and project managers to manage the complete SDLC of application solutions from inception into support.
As a manager this person will build the team to ensure it has relevant and sufficient skills to meet the needs of application projects, as well as perform all aspects of personnel management on a daily basis.
As an architect this person will lead the development team in the correct and efficient use of established application solution patterns as well as provide guidance in software engineering best practices and SDLC phases.
The Development Manager will work closely with the Systems Designer to ensure the selection and implementation of integration technology and solutions continue to meet or exceed customer needs, can be implemented with reasonable costs and are well supported.
Should you not be contacted within 2 weeks, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Desired Skills and Experience
• 3 Year Degree / NQF 7
• ITIL Certification
• Systems development qualification in Microsoft technologies including ALM and TFS and TIBCO accredited
• Soft-skills training in dealing with stakeholders an advantage
• IEEE Certified Software Development Associate or Professional accreditation
• Minimum of 8 years relevant IT industry experience with the last four years managing professionals
• Broad range of technical experience and knowledge
• Proven ability to solve complex problems and resolve conflict
• Manage and mitigate risks
• Experience in Stakeholder Management including vendor engagement and related SLA’s
• Proven financial management capability
• Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures
• Experience in managing the development, integration & support of solutions.
• Experience in Ecommerce platforms such as Customer & Partners Web Sites, Portals Decision Support and Planning Systems
• Database management, application monitoring and deployment
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to Megan on firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Megan on 031 350 4405.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential”
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za