|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in SA. Cape Town|
|Education||BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent|
|Experience||5+ year experience|
A great new opportunity is available in Cape Town for a Development Manager with very strong technical leadership to manage and grow an engineering team. It requires a thorough knowledge to develop scalable, extensible technology, as well as structure and develop organizations.
• Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed project plans and schedules; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team by defining, implementing and maintaining a coherent, progressive development strategy for our product line.
• Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
• Delivery of quality applications on-time and on-budget
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
• Evolution of the software engineering practice within the organization, including better reporting, tools, and evolution of development methodology
• Work closely with the architects to develop the best technical design and approach for product development
• Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology
• Continue to build an effective development organization by driving the recruiting and hiring of senior level engineers, developing and managing the group, and conducting performance reviews of team members
• Develop and execute unit testing strategy and processes.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5 years experience in Software development and 2 years as development Manager
• Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Ruby, Perl, Java or C/C++.
• Experience with Java, Linux/Unix, Perl, XML, and Web services, and UNIX tools.
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: email@example.com or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact James or Sharne on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za