|Education||Related Degree or Masters|
|Experience||5-10 years’ experience|
A great new position is available with top company in Centurion for a Database Administrator. The client is looking for someone with strong experience in SQL and T-SQL.
• Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
• Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
• Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
• Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
• Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication.
• Build ad hoc queries and views for dashboards, reports, etc.
• Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures.
• Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
• Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies.
• Set up and maintain database infrastructure for the company’s BI needs.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Grade 12 certificate or equivalent Level 4 qualification issued by SAQA
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
• 5-10 years’ experience in administering Microsoft SQL server databases (SQL Server 2012) and MySQL.
• Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
• Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
• Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
• Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
• Experience in SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies would be an advantage.
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: it. jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Nikita on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za