Customs Tax Consultant up to Manager Level - Sunning Hill
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Johannesburg|
|Education||Bachelors Degree and HDip Tax or MCom Tax|
|Experience||At least 3 years Customs specific experience in a similar environment. (Management experience for the Manager Level Positions) OR Recent Attorneys|
Provide a range of innovative solutions to assist clients in managing and mitigating their indirect taxes, (customs and excise duties) ensuring competitiveness of their business.
Assist, advise and implement new and existing Customs, Excise and International Trade technical initiatives whilst considering and consulting on potential risks including the impact of legal, economic and other tax issues.
• Liaise with international colleagues, build profile and strengthen our global network. Identify new opportunities with existing clients.
• Keep up to date with new legislation.
• Manage projects and advise clients on high level technical matters.
• Conduct technical research and draft technically correct opinions and reports for review.
• For more senior candidates (Manager and up): Perform quality reviews on junior staff member's technical opinions and/or reports, understand the firm's revenue and growth goals and contribute to sales and market initiatives.
• Engage with clients and assist with the research and preparation of proposals
• Manage WIP and Debtors; ensure that staff manage their billing and WIP analysis.
• Ensure Compliance with Risk management procedures on one's own and team assignments.
• For more senior candidates (Manager and up)- People Management: Promote knowledge transfer; manage performance and conduct appraisals for direct coachees. Ensure that the work environment contributes to improving staff morale and increasing productivity.
• Specialised knowledge in Customs and Excise related matters. At least 3 years in a similar environment, specialising in Customs and Excise.
• Excellent opinion and report writing skills
• Business Development
• Business & Project Management
• Effective communication skills
• Manage client relationships
• Manage client expectations
• Ability to work under and manage pressure
• Deadline driven
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to Lizelle at: email@example.com or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Lizelle on 011 807 8064.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: finance.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za