Business / Systems Analyst
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Cape Town|
|Education||BCom / Equivalent undergraduate degree|
|Experience||5-7 years BA Experience|
Job Title: Business / Systems Analyst
Location: Cape Town
Offer: R40K – R30K
• BCom / Equivalent undergraduate degree
• Financial Services Industry experience.
• Previous Business Analysis and Process Analysis or Business Consulting experience, relating to multi project environments.
• Approximately 5 to 7 years job related work experience
• Complex project exposure
• Good work ethic
• Accountability and Integrity
• Planning and Prioritization
• Team player
• Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
• Initiate business requirements with business leads & convert business initiatives into requirements on paper. Strong understanding of business process through end-to-end of the value chain.
• To analyse the documented business and information requirements, processes and procedures; in order to compile detailed specifications.
• To ensure that the business’ required deliverables and processes are supported when such specifications is be translated into application systems. This implies meeting customers’ needs and having applications which are aligned to business processes and rules, and which perform at acceptable quality and performance levels in order to meet business requirements.
• To do so in a manner that all operations will run both effectively and efficiently.
• To properly represent the system’s design as a complete set of specifications - supported by formal business system modeling methods and techniques.
• To engineer and/or re-engineer business areas through development projects in a practical manner.
• To assist with the development of Test Packs in order to facilitate quality assurance processes which go together with such analysis and design activity
• Prepared to travel to Johannesburg occasionally.
• Analyse business system requirements
• Produce process flow and process design
• Produce a fully documented systems design
• Models, Object, Function, Process, Data, Organisational, Locality, Time Models, Logic and Pseudo-Code
• Assistance to Technical Architectural design.
• Knowledge of Transaction Processing Architectures
• Knowledge of Analytical Information Presentation Architectures
• Knowledge of various Business and Management Intelligence Architectures.
• Ability to facilitate specifications (rather than intermediate)
• Results Focused
• Information Handling
• Quality Orientated
• Problem Solving and Analysis
• Sound Communication Skills
• Commercial Awareness
• Cross Functional Awareness
• Conceptual, Dynamic and Lateral Thinking
• Networking and Negotiation Skills
• Mathematical capability.
• Understanding of the Business Architecture.
• Understanding of the Application Architecture.
• Process re-engineering
• Understand at least Data, Process and Object Modelling Methods
• Ability to model data and understand and read existing data models.
Project Management Knowledge
• Thorough understanding of project team responsibilities.
• Ability to create work breakdown structures of tasks, plan, and manage tasks (for own task responsibilities).
• Practical understanding of the theory, practice and tools of System Analysis and Design.
• Advanced experience in analysis techniques and modeling skill.
• Function Modelling
• Data Modelling
• Process Modelling
• Object Modelling
• Able to think abstractly and work at high levels of abstraction
• Able to successfully manage the multiple concurrent issues, ambiguities and contradictions that typically occur during the analysis phase
• Able to collaborate well with client representatives, domain experts, managers and architects
• Proven skills in root cause analysis, and the ability to tailor make solutions to address identified issues
• Applied systems thinking in solving complex problems
• Strategic business acumen, insight and understanding
• Understanding of the inter-relativity of the larger System
• Proven ability to translate strategy into concrete actions and programs
• Excellent analytical (data/statistical/ information), process and documentation skills and judgement
• Understanding of process and project methodologies
• Ability to assess and understand client business and technology needs
• Strong implementation capability
• Sound Business Management knowledge
• Good analytical and interpretation skills
• Project Management Framework
• Advance Data Analysis Experience is compulsory
• Sound understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Development Life Cycle (PDLC).
• Logical negotiation and contextualisation capabilities
• Business Benefit Realisation
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: email@example.com or fax to: 086 600 7977. You can also contact Debré/Sam/Cheyenne on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za