Business Intelligence Specialist
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Durban|
|Education||BSc in Computer Science or Engineering or a related degree|
|Experience||More than 5 Years experience|
An exciting new career opportunity has become available within the retail industry based in Durban. This company is looking for someone to be responsible for the design and architecture of the Business Intelligence environment for the Group.
• Applies broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques, and approaches across the data warehouse life cycle phases to design an integrated solution to address business requirements.
• Meets and collaborates with business users on requirements, objectives, and measures.
Designs the technology infrastructure across all technical environments.
• Ensures completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance, availability, and architecture requirements.
• Designs and plans for the integration for all data warehouse technical components.
• Supervises the technical implementation of the data warehouse and oversees hardware/software configuration.
Reviews technical work of other team members.
• Reviews and participates in testing of the data design, tool design, data extracts, networks, and hardware selections.
• Develops the implementation and operation support plans.
• Optimizations, support and maintenance of the data warehouse environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BSc in Computer Science or Engineering or a related degree
• 5 - 10 years’ experience in data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and analytical tools.
• Five – ten years’ experience in normalised and demoralised database design. Extensive experience architecting data warehouse solutions and integrating technical components.
• Design and implementation of data warehouse environment.
• Experience with Oracle and Microsoft preferred.
• Deep understanding of data warehouse principles and implementation
• Deep understanding of either MS SQL Server or Oracle (preferably both)
• ETL processes, data warehouse modelling, cube development
• Business Analysis
• Analytical, conceptual, problem-solving and solution driven
• Strong architecture and technical support documentation skills
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: email@example.com or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact James or Sharne on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za