Business Development Manager (Petrochem)
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa. Johannesburg|
|Salary||R1.2mill - R850k|
|Education||BEng/BSc Degree (Engineering related)|
Business Development Manager required for a position with a top Engineering Consulting Firm.
Experience & Qualifications:
Engineering Degree with minimum 10 years in a project management environment in a petrochemical or related industry.
• Contributing data and information to the Managing Director for incorporation in a Business Plan.
• Planning of Resources.
• Interface and liaise with other Departmental Managers and Managing
• Director to co-ordinate resources and strategy.
• To effectively plan and utilize Business Development activity in
• consultation with the Managing Director to achieve targets.
• Participate in proposal preparation to ensure guidelines and key client requirements are incorporated in submissions.
• Reporting function
- Preparation of weekly activity summary
- Preparation of monthly activity report
- Long Range 1-2 year look ahead
- Strategy briefing on key clients/projects and in consultation with the
• Managing Director to establish criteria
- Monitor and report progress on reference targets
• Maintenance of data sources including client data, competitor data, client debriefing and project data and progress.
• Propose plan for personal development, in conjunction with the Managing Director.
• Interface and provide input to Project Services & Estimating.
• Interface and liaise with Business Development Managers in International Sales Organisation in consultation with the Managing Director.
• Investigate and report on potential strategic alliance partners to the
• Managing Director.
• Participate in TQM activities in consultation with the Managing Director.
• Ensure Company policy is followed within Sales and Marketing Department.
• Achieve Business Lines Sales Targets.
• Own client responsibility.
• Monitor and identify key corporate clients, establish and maintain information and relationships.
• Set out and identify strategic alliances.
• Identify technology needs.
• Monitor and report on competitor situations and trends.
• Maintain necessary contact with Professional Bodies, and ensure good projection of Company's image to clients, public and third parties.
• To undertake duties as requested by the Managing Director.
• Maintain the correct application of the Company's Corporate identity.
Candidate must be responsible and willing to participate as a member of the team, conscientious, methodical and prepared to adhere to corporate standards and procedures. Willing to communicate with the group and other disciplines to ensure the smooth running of the project.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or fax to 086 572 8866. You can also contact Caroline 021 551 8638.
For more available opportunities visit www.hireresolve.co.za
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za