Business Analyst/ Digital Project Manager
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in SA. Cape Town|
A leading digital production agency, working with both South African and International client accounts are looking for a dynamic and resourceful business analyst/digital PM to join our team.
You will work closely with the operations and managing directors, as well as the project management team. The operations director will oversee your work to ensure the quality and fulfillment of Bluegrass Digital's products and services.
It is essential that you understand internet technologies and terminologies, as well as the workflow of a typical digital SDLC. You will have experience in creating various types of documentation including, project proposals/cost estimates; statement of works (SOW's); functional specification documents (FSD's); and project plans.
Business analysis and project management
> Assist during the quotations phase in understanding the initial client requirements and scope, to help provide an accurate cost estimate
• Business requirements planning
> One of your most important responsibilities is to ensure that every project Bluegrass delivers, is properly planned from the beginning. Business requirements are normally captured in a Statement of Works (SOW) document.
• Functional/technical planning
> This includes interpreting the SOW and business rules/requirements and helping to formulate the right technical solution for the project. This can be done through discussions with various key stakeholders, including the development team, project managers, ops director and the client.
> This will often form part of the technical planning stage and systems analysis required to define the solution, by putting together some interactive wireframes (Balsamiq/Axure). You may be supported in this function by the current business analyst.
• Functional specifications (FSD)
> Once the solution has been defined, a FSD needs to be created which captures all the user stories and functional requirements in a document which the development team will follow and the client will sign-off. You may be supported in this function by the current business analyst.
> Fully test the developed solutions and highlight bugs via project management tool (RedMine) where the solution does not match the FSD.
• Risk management:
> When business conditions change, evaluate how it could impact the project.
> Document areas within the project scope, which could potentially impact the project timelines and ensure that the project team has been made aware of such risks.
> Produce quality documentations of a consistently high standard, that can be shared with clients and that clients find easy to understand.
> Keep abreast of the latest technologies, best practices and standards. Share knowledge with the team where relevant.
• Tools and processes
> Assist the ops director with defining the business tools used and processes among the team.
• Team player
> You will need to work effectively with all project team members in order to deliver. You are the middle man in the project. In order to deliver, you need to work well with clients, project managers, developers, stakeholders, etc.
Bluegrass Digital is a leading digital production agency, working with both South African and international client accounts.
• A good knowledge of the terminology and technical aspects related to internet technologies. Ideally (but not mandatory), you need to understand what most of the following terms mean and in what context to use them: Content management systems (CMS); Databases; ASP.Net; PHP; HTML; jQuery; AJAX; SQL Server; Flash; Mobile platforms; APIs; SEO; and website hosting
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Using project management tools like Redmine (would be advantageous).
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) - are essential
• Working knowledge of MS Project
• Understanding of CMS products like Umbraco (very advantageous); Episerver; Wordpress; Drupal
• Understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good numeric and analytic skills
• Computer (IT) and web literate
• Organised/attention to detail oriented
• Multitasking skills and the ability to very comfortably juggle multiple projects
• A team player with good interpersonal skills
• A passion for the online industry a true digital enthusiast!
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to Megan on email@example.com or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Megan on 031 350 4405.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential”
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za