|Salary||R420k - R390k|
|Education||Experience in AutoCAD and a minimum of 2 years’ experience with building information modelling (BIM) software such as Revit.|
Our Client, one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa, is looking for a BIM Modeller to join them in Cape Town, Western Cape.
Required qualifications and experience:
• Min 5 years’ experience in the consulting and building industry.
• Good knowledge and experience with fire protection systems and their design, such as sprinklers, hydrants, hose reels, fire signage, etc. (Sprinkler design according to the ASIB rules.)
• Good understanding of fire safety of a building, as per SANSA 10400-part T.
• Understanding of equipment and service co-ordination of the fire reticulation systems.
• Specification of equipment and detailing thereof.
• Ability to coordinate with other services i.e. HVAC, Fire, Wet Services, etc.
• Experience in AutoCAD and a minimum of 2 years’ experience with building information modelling (BIM) software such as Revit.
• Responsible for preparing technical drawings of fire protection installations/ systems, as well as fire safety drawings.
• Understanding the codes and standards (e.g. SAN S 10400 Part T, ASIB, etc.) and transferring this into a design and a drawing, as well as the ability to learn new codes, is critical.
• During the drawing process, they will analyse information (such as measurements and sketches) provided by engineers, architects and other members of a project’s professional team.
• Apply knowledge of design and engineering to illustrate visual instructions that relate technical specifications, including dimensions, arrangements and installation procedures.
• These drawings will then be used for tendering and construction purposes.
• Attention to detail and the ability to perform and understand multi-service coordination is critical Responsible for the design and modelling of fire protection systems as well as fire safety plans.
• Create and/or modify existing engineering designs and models.
• Coordinate and communicate with building owners, clients, consultants, contractors, and project team members (internally and externally).
• Ensure designs and drawings adhere to deadlines. Willingness to work extra hours above normal hours to ensure deadlines are met.
• Site meetings during construction with engineers and contractors for the updating of designs and models.
• Exposure to various industry CAD/ BIM practices and work cultures (optional).
• Co-ordination of various services (HVAC, Fire, Electrical, Wet Services, Structural elements, etc.).
• Responsible and taking ownership of designs and deliverables of tender information.
• Innovation for BIM purposes and internal operational developments (indication of innovative ideas that are submitted with CV would be advantageous).
• Development of BIM families.
• Learning the fire safety codes and standards to implement into design drawings.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kyra on 021 551 8638
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za