BI Systems Analyst
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in SA. Johannesburg|
A leading financial services company based in Rivonia is looking for a BI Systems Analyst.
The Systems Analyst/Developer position requires strong business and technical skills and would acts as a lead to analysis, design, document, develop, maintain, support and provide problem resolution for information systems. The incumbent will consult with users, both external and internal, to identify current operating procedures and to clarify required system objectives. Some project management skills would be essential as responsibilities could also include managing some staff deliverables within a project within prescribed timelines. Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for modified or replacement systems.
• Mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems.
• Understanding software development lifecycle.
• Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of our business systems to developers.
• Understanding source data.
• Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
• Analyse data contained in the corporate databases and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
• Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
• Developing solutions and related products.
• Working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
The candidate should have BSc Computer Science /Information Systems (3 year degree) or similar tertiary qualification, with at least 5 - 7 years’ experience in a development / analysis environment of which at least 3 years must be in SQL / MySQL and 2 - 3 years System Analyst experience. A good understanding of BI / Warehouse concepts is also essential.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to Megan on email@example.com or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Megan on 031 350 4405.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential”
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za