|Education||Related Degree or Diploma|
|Experience||5+ years' experience|
A great new position is available with a leading software development company in Cape Town for a BI Specialist.
• Oversee reporting /data structure to various Business Units.
• Mine company data bases in order to determine relationships which are relevant to the business.
• Manage the tracking process of current and new products.
• Change the manner in which employees at all levels make use of data. Provide education and direction on the use of reports, new techniques and the manner in which data is collected.
• Aggregate data from multiple sources, including databases and data warehouses, to deliver accurate and useful data from IT applications.
• Facilitate the translation of business needs into analytics/reporting requirements through high level engagement and interfacing with internal users.
• Identify BI opportunities within business units to optimise business and financial performance and to enrich their analytics and decision making.
• Conduct data analysis and deliver periodic and ad-hoc reports as and when requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Business technology degree (B. Com, Information management qualification)
• 3-4 years’ solid experience within a BICC, exposure to big data and statistical analysis with exposure to report writing and user interaction.
• Experienced in managing/creating datamarts.
• Expertise in the Microsoft BI solution offerings including SQL Server 2012/2008 R2 stack (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS), PowerView, PowerPivot, SharePoint, Excel.
• Experience in identifying, analyzing and translating business requirements and rules into intuitive analytical solutions, business scorecards and management dashboards.
• In-depth understanding of the Ralph Kimball and Bill Inmon datawarehouse schools of thought.
• Knowledge in the technical aspects of business intelligence, including data modelling, ETL, metadata/data management and OLAP tools.
• 5+ years working experience in the field of data warehousing, business intelligence and business analysis
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: it. jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Nikita on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za