|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in SA. Johannesburg|
BI Specialist need to join great financial company in the Johannesburg area.
• Design and develop data movements using SQL Server Integration Services, TSQL and Stored Procedures
• Consult with the business to determine logical design for new business solutions
• Perform code reviews, analyze execution plans, and re-factor inefficient code
• Follow data standards, resolve data issues, complete unit testing and system documentation for ETL processes
• Collaborate with business analysts, subject matter experts, and other team members to determine data extraction and transformation requirements
• Collaborate with IT operations and testing resources to ensure timely releases of projects and make sure database environments are sustainable
• Collaborate with IT operations to perform root cause analysis
• Support IT staff and business users in the development, usage and troubleshooting of database-driven applications and reports
• Support the development of BI reports.
• Use customer requirements to improve functionality (speed, performance / usability).
• Conduct system tests, troubleshoot customer issues and correct data and database defects.
• Be able to take directions and complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision.
• Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
• Data mining, migration and enrichment
Qualifications and Experience:
• 2 – 3 Years work experience in data warehouse design
• 3 – 5 Years work experience in ETL development
• 3 – 5 Years work experience in data analysis / mining
• At least 1 year of report writing experience
• Advanced Excel skills
• MS SQL – Query writing
• Experience in SSRS or another BI Reporting Tool
• Certification in SSIS or another BI ETL Tool
• Advanced Analytical skills / Excellent Numeracy skills: Must be able to demonstrate a strong number orientation through abilities in mathematics, accounting, statistics and or finance
• MS SQL database administration experience would an advantage
• Advanced understanding of data warehousing concepts as described by subject matter thought leaders
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Sharne on 011 807 8064 Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at jobspec(at)hireresolve.co.za with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za