|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa, Gauteng|
|Education||BCom + CFA|
|Experience||3-5 years in financial markets with emphasis on risk managment.|
Contract Analyst position available at a Large Supplier based in Lyndhurst
• Design effective process and procedures for the validation of market risk, counterparty credit risk, operational risk and ALM models
• Valuation of complex financial instruments, including interest rate and currency derivatives
• Portfolio performance reporting and financial modelling
• Give input to the development and improvement of the bank's model validation policy
• Ensure that an effective process is in place to validate derivative pricing models
• Validate market risk measurement models including the stress-testing of these models
• Validate counterparty credit risk models including the stress-testing of these models
• Validate ALM models
• Validate operational risk models
• Design models and benchmarks to enhance the model validation process
• Liaise with model developers from business cluster labs in order to ensure an effective model validation process
• Ensure that the market risk, counterparty credit risk, and operational risk models conform to regulatory (i.e. Basel and BIS framework) requirements.
• Assist in implementing Banks interest rate, inflation, and foreign exchange management policies.
• Support the implementation of relevant balance sheet management strategies or transactions
• Assist in Fund Transfer Pricing (FTP)
• Identify, elaborate and test new management information system
• Confirm adequate cash-flow modelling of assets and liabilities as used for net-interest income and balance sheet forecasting.
• Perform model and data validation.
• Time spent on activities will be 80% operational and 20% strategic.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the financial markets with a strong emphasis in capital market risk management;
• Extensive knowledge of capital markets international best practice is essential for this position. This should be coupled with a good understanding of how new structures and restructuring of debt impacts on the Bank’s future position and asset/liability match. In addition, the candidate should possess sound understanding of risk quantification and reporting.
• Post-graduate Degree in a quantitative discipline and/or professional qualification (CFA, or FRM) will be an advantage.
• Financial modelling skills, with advanced Excel, Crystal Reports, MS Access
• Good knowledge of programming skills.
• Sound financial markets and instruments knowledge is essential.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
Qualification: BCom + CFA + 3-5 years’ experience in financial markets with an emphasis on risk management.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Sascha on 031 350 4405.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential”
or email us: finance.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za