Accounting Manager - Durban
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in South Africa, Kwazulu Natal|
|Education||Minimum B.Com Accounting/Management Accounting majors|
A Leading Logistics company based in Durban is currently looking for an Accounting Manager
• Minimum B.Com Accounting/Management Accounting majors
• Preferably a CIMA or CA (SA)
• 5 years management accounting experience (articled or otherwise), people management and at least 2 years exposure to a logistics environment
3.1. Budgeting and Forecasting
• Consolidate regional budgets and forecasts for the Business.
• Liaise with the regional financial managers and administration controllers to coordinate the budget process.
• Ensure budget and forecast calculations are reasonable in relation to prior periods and economic indicators.
3.2. Capex Management
• Coordinate and follow up with regional accountants on capex motivations.
• Coordinate national and regional post capex reviews.
• Manage compliance with the capex application procedures.
• Ensure all capex motivations across functions are consistent in methodology.
• Review all capex applications prior to the National Financial Manager: Operations.
• Take the capex process to new levels using technology.
• Assist in the commercial evaluation of capex requests using financial modelling tools including NPV’s and IRR’s and pay backs.
• Compile the consolidated monthly reporting pack of operational results vs. budget for each region and function.
• Analyse regional and functional cost variance reports.
• Review regional and functional daily, weekly and monthly KPI reports ensuring accurate and timeous information.
• Analyse and explain KPI fluctuations and variances.
• Consolidate the national monthly commentary by region.
• Develop, communicate and finalise project plans, desired outcomes and the timetable with stakeholders by:
• identifying and engaging with key stakeholders
• establishing resource requirements
• assigning roles and responsibilities
• conducting testing and assessments
• qualifying and consolidating results
• creating practical and flexible workplans that can be amended as appropriate
• managing project momentum and following up on key deliverables
• resolving and escalating issues
• conducting regular updates to senior management
• disseminating the process and findings
• delivering engaging and informative presentations outlining results.
3.5. Financial Management
• Consolidate and report national costs against budgets and forecasts.
• Report on a regular basis on actual KPI’s versus budget and work with the regional financial managers to address areas of non-conformance or concern proactively and timeously.
• Report on all national input costs and oversee any over or under spend appropriately to ensure that issues are addressed before significant financial loss occurs.
• Implement and encourage cost management initiatives within the regional teams.
3.6. Information and Data Management
• Ensure team members accurately and regularly capture data into the information system to enable access to reliable data and reporting for trend analysis and decision making.
• Share relevant data with management teams to enable reliable business decision making.
3.7. Operational Target Achievement
• Work in conjunction with the National Financial Manager and the functional managers to co-create the national strategies, based on a 1 to 2 year view of requirements.
• Consolidate operational capacity required over both the medium term and longer term plan; required asset utilisation and capex requirements for all functions and regions accordingly.
• Work closely with the cross functional teams to ensure the delivery of an integrated supply chain benefit.
• Suggest improvements to the annual operational plan.
• Ensure that the agreed operational plan is implemented through team targets and that these targets align cross functionally within area of responsibility.
3.8. Team Coordination
• Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self-management in terms of planning, prioritising and self-development.
• Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of work are consistently and accurately maintained.
• Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not met, the potential risks thereof and provide appropriate resolution.
• Support and drive the business core values.
• Manage colleagues and clients’ expectations and communicate appropriately.
• Demonstrate willingness to help others and “go the extra mile” to meet team targets and objectives.
• Champion training and development of self and others through utilising available training opportunities or contributing to the development of new training solutions relating to product costing in collaboration with national training specialists.
• Participate in and drive regular performance appraisals and ensure that own targets and goals are clear and achievable.
• Maintain a basic appreciation and awareness of employee relations climate and ensure corrective action is taken where required in line with relevant legislation and company policy.
• Accuracy and timeliness of monthly reporting
• Accuracy of project and audit analysis and findings
• Timeliness and relevance of findings and reporting
• Accuracy of project deliverables
• Achievement of deliverables against the project plan
• Internal customer satisfaction rating
• Achievement of strategic targets
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Gary/Dinel on 011 807 8064.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential”
or email us: finance.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za