|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town CBD|
A large, well-known website hosting company based in Cape Town is currently looking for an API Developer.
We’re looking for someone specifically to help make life easier internally so that we can focus on our customers. Back office systems (browser based) and API development will be your focus. Skill in software design and a spread of frameworks and languages (eg .Net, C#, Rails, Ruby, PHP) will ensure you are equipped for the challenge. You will be replacing legacy Visual Basic code and adding new features to mission critical systems.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• Flex your skills in requirements gathering, system design and coding.
• Build lasting, high-quality software systems by talking regularly to stakeholders, software design leads and infrastructure teams
• Replace legacy, untested systems with high quality, tested, well designed systems.
• Grow your career and knowledge as you interact with top performing colleagues
• Opportunity to cross-skill to other software development squads
• Employ quality software engineering practices
• Contribute to open source projects
• Solid software development experience (3 - 5 years)
• Experience in both Microsoft (eg. .NET, C#, Microsoft SQL) and Linux development environments
• C#, WCF
• VB and VBA
• Quality driven approach (TDD, CI, CD, etc.)
• Agile software development experience including high value placed on user stories
• Good team player - we succeed as a team and we fail as a team
• Ruby, PHP
• Experience with financial system integration
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to Megan on email@example.com or fax to 086 572 8877. You can also contact Megan on 031 350 4405.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential”
or email us: it.jobs(at)hireresolve.co.za